Abandoned settlement experience |Private Charter | Qasigiannguit | Disko Bay
Go on an exploration adventure by boat to the abandoned settlement of Akulliit!
The settlement was founded in 1856, and was then abandoned in 1963, but the citizens of Qasigiannguit still hold the place dear in their hearts. In 2006 they even had a great party there to celebrate its 150th year anniversary even though it was abandoned long ago. The eerie atmosphere gives quite a thrill as you explore the old houses, and the guide can tell lots of ghost stories and myths to make it even more exciting to wander among the colourful former homes.
On the way to the settlement there are chances of spotting all kinds of sea mammals, especially seals, which Qasigiannguit is well known for. Its name actually means the small spotted seals!
There is plenty of tea and coffee to warm you up after your chilling experience of exploring this once, great settlement, so what are you waiting for? Go reserve your place by clicking on Book Now.
|• Tea and Coffee
• Local Guide
• Food & refreshments
What to bring
- Layered clothing. Ideally, you should pack a thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket), and outer layer of windproof clothing (top and bottom). You may not need all of this on any particular day, but you should have it available. You should always bring a windproof jacket, regardless of the weather.
- Warm hat, gloves, buff or scarf, gloves
- Sturdy shoes (e.g. hiking boots)
- Sunglasses, sunscreen & sun hat (depending on weather) Day Pack
- Camera with extra batteries
- Day pack
- Water bottle
- Food & snacks
- The price includes 7-10 passengers. The closed cabin boat can have up to 7 passengers, while the open boat can have up to 10 passengers. It is always a good idea to dress in layers so you can regulate according to the weather.
- The trip is about 45 min with a boat to the settlement
3 800 DKK