Boat tour to Qooqqut settlement | Nuuk
Go on a boat tour to the beloved settlement of Qooqqut where a unique restaurant lies between huge mountains and a rich ocean filled with cod & redfish.
We will have time to either fish and bring it straight to the skilled chefs of the restaurant or to go a hike in the area where you can be lucky enough to spot Eagles and Caribou.
It takes about an hour of sailing to get to Qooqqut, and around the halfway point is where we often spot whales enjoying the nutrient-rich waters of the Nuuk fjord. We might be lucky enough to spot some, although it can never be guaranteed.
The fjord has been known to be home for Fin whales, Minkes and especially Humpback whales. Besides these magnificent creatures, we might also be lucky enough to spot a seal or two.
If you’d like to fish, we’ll have some standard gear to use, and we can either try for the Atlantic cod or the Redfish, both delicious fish well worth cooking.
We can see several mountains along the way, such as “Oriartorfik”, a tall mountain with the resemblance of a wave, the name means “the place where you throw up” as standing at the edge of the mountain would make anyone a little nervous.
This fjord is incredibly beautiful and every tour is different from the previous, so don’t wait any longer and book your tour today! Just click on ‘Book Now’ above and find a date that suits you.
- Boat transfer
- Visit Qooqqut Settlement
- Fishing equipment
- Survival suits
- Restaurant visit
What to bring
- Layered clothing. Ideally, you should pack a thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket), and outer layer of windproof clothing (top and bottom). You may not need all of this on any particular day, but you should have it available. You should always bring a windproof jacket, regardless of the weather.
- Warm hat, gloves, buff or scarf
- Sunglasses, sun screen & sun hat (depending on weather)
- Head net and insect repellent (in case of mosquitoes)
- Day pack
- Water bottle
- If the bookings are less than 4 upon departure day, the trip will be cancelled and you will receive your money back.
1 300 DKK