Cabin escape in the Nuuk Fjord | 3 Days | Nuuk
Spend your weekend in Nuuk fjord, far from the city, in the wide-open spaces of Nature, where wildlife roams freely! A relaxing weekend in the wild and vast nature of Greenland, while staying in a comfortable cabin with a double bed and a great view is what to be experienced on this tour.
Your tour will take off Friday afternoon, straight after work and take you by boat to a magical place where you can go hiking, berry picking, wildlife scouting or just enjoy the silence in our cosy cottages.
Sailing from Nuuk to the cabin takes about 2-3 hours. You will be travelling deep into the fjord, where we undoubtedly will come across icebergs, and if we’re lucky, a few humpbacks will grace us with their presence.
What you would like to do during the weekend is all up to you. You can go hiking, conquer the surrounding mountains for a great view of the Arctic landscapes, or head towards the Nuuk Icefiord while picking berries or herbs for your own tea. It is also possible to catch fish from the shore, that we can cook for dinner or just watch the icebergs as they quietly drift by.
We often are lucky enough to spot wildlife such as reindeer, arctic hares, and the occasional polar fox, although they are very shy, they will sometimes cry out at dusk, revealing their presence.
All the meals will be provided by our chef in the communal cabin, so you don’t have to worry about bringing or preparing breakfast lunch and dinner. And we can even prepare a packed lunch if you want to go for a longer hike.
We’ll sail back Sunday afternoon, refreshed from our time spent in Nature. Do not hesitate to book this perfect weekend get-away, and book your tour today!
Sailing to the Cottages
Departure takes place from the Tide Stairs. Our captain will welcome you and help you aboard the open boat.
To get from Nuuk to the campsite takes approximately, 2 to 3 hours. On our way to the camp, we will likely see lots of icebergs and maybe if we're lucky, whales or seals.
While you are travelling to the campsite, our skilled chef will be preparing your dinner
Hiking & Fishing
There are plenty of opportunities to explore the surroundings of the camp on foot.
Enjoy the pristine surroundings by hiking and walking.
Walk along the beach to find stranded icebergs, or follow the beach to “Itivi” - a crossing point that the camp is named after. If you like to challenge yourself, hike up the 800m tall mountain behind the camp for a bird’s eye view of the area. For more experienced hikers, you can also arrange with the staff to sail you to nearby locations in the fjord and hike back from there.
If you would like to engage in other activities, fishing is highly recommendable at Camp Itivi. You can fish right in front of Camp Itivi.
Alternatively, follow the beach into the fjord until you arrive at a small lake. This is another excellent fishing location, but please do not try to cross where the water exits. Depending on the season, the current can be very strong.
If you catch your own supper, the camp chef will happily help you cook it. It’s a truly unique experience to catch and eat 100% fresh fish.
Depending on the season, it is also possible to forage berries and fresh herbs for tea and spices!
It is also possible to do optional tours:
- Fishing tour
- Icefjord tour
- Uummannaq Island tour
- Weekend get away for 2 people (additional people can be added)
- Sailing to & from the Cabin (2-3 hour sail each way)
- Warm overalls & a lifejacket
- 2 nights in a Comfortable cabin with double bed
- All meals
- Terrace with furniture
- Bedlinen, & a small towel for hands and face
- Optional tour to Uummannaq island with Viking ruins, Nuuk Icefjord or Qoornoq
- Guided hikes
What to bring
- A book
- Snacks & Drinks
- The cabins are shared with other guests unless you add the single cabin supplement.
- If you are a solo traveller, it is required that you order the 'Single Cabin Supplement | 1 guest', if you would like to have the cabin to yourself.
- If you order the 'Single Cabin Supplement | More than 1 guest', you and you co-travellers get the cabin to yourselves.
- We do not serve alcohol
- The kitchen is equipped with cups, glasses, kettle, tea, coffee, sugar, and fridge.
- The campsite is equipped with Eco toilets.
- The shower is in the communal cabin
- The huts are equipped with two single beds (connected makes a double bed), table with chairs, coffee table and a sofa bed
- Food provided: Standard Breakfast and lunch buffet (no hot meals). Hot dinner (chicken, lamb with potatoes and sauce). Greenlandic food depending on the season (reindeer, lamb and etc.)
5 600 DKK