Dog sledding tour to the UFO cabin & viewpoint | Sisimiut
Join this thrilling sled dog ride to a wonderful viewpoint by a cabin known as the UFO. This is the perfect tour for someone wanting to spice up their winter adventure and get a little more familiar with our cultural heritage of dog sledding.
We will pick you up wherever you’re staying, and drive you to our start off point where your guide, or should we say, musher, will talk a little about how to sit in the sled and what to be wary off.
By now the dogs are probably anxious to get going, so we’ll head out with a blast! We usually go with 12 dogs, and you’ll have plenty of time to get to know them, but please listen to what the musher has to say, as some of the dogs may be a bit more playful while others can be very shy and would rather be left alone.
The Greenlandic sled dogs are an ancient breed and aren’t considered pets, but a means for survival, these dogs will happily pull you for thousands of miles, but we, of course, aren’t going nearly that far, and they will get a good rest at the viewpoint where we can grab a hot cup of coffee and take some nice pictures.
The sled is a traditional wooden sled, it’ll be covered in reindeer fur, one of the best naturally insulating materials you can find, to keep your nether regions nice and cozy.
Don’t miss your chance to dress up nice and warm and come along this snowy adventure to a peculiar cabin and an amazing view! Select your preferred date and click Book Now to reserve your place.
- Pick-up & Drop off
- A hot beverage
- Local Guide/musher that speaks english
- Sandwich (Please let us know if you're a Vegetarian or Vegan)
What to bring
- Warm winter wear. Ideally, you should dress in layers: at least one thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), and insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket). The outer layer must be proper winter gear which typically has lots of insulation and is windproof. Think ski jacket and pants if you come from a warmer climate.
- Warm hat, thick windproof gloves, buff or scarf.
- Insulated winter boots.
- Sunglasses and sunscreen - snow is very bright and even the winter sun can cause sunburn.
- Camera with extra batteries (the cold drains the batteries faster).
- Day pack.
- Water bottle.
- If you're more than 3 people, please send us a message.
- See the pictures for where exactly we're going.
- Sled dogs aren't pets, ask the owner before you touch any of the dogs.
- You should be in a decent physical condition, depending on the snow conditions it can be a bumpy ride(not good for people with a bad back).
- Please let us know if you would like to rent some outerwear.
1 700 DKK
5-Days Above The Arctic Circle | Sisimiut | West GreenlandFrom 9 461 DKK
Assaqutaq Trail Transfer | SisimiutFrom 650 DKK
Best of winter in Greenland | 5 Days in Sisimiut, West GreenlandFrom 6 211 DKK
Day TourGroup Pricing
Cod Fishing & Snow Crabs | SisimiutFrom 3 500 DKK