Fishing in Disko Bay | Ilulissat | Disko Bay
Hop aboard and grab a fishing line! By booking this 2 1/2-hour fishing tour you will be exploring what the deep seas of Disko Bay has to offer. Together with our highly skilled captain from Ilulissat, you will be heading out on the waters of Disko Bay to fish. Disko Bay is known for its rich waters, which are inhabited by sea creatures of all sizes. From cod and seals to one of the largest whales in the world: the bowhead whale. On this tour, we will though be focusing on the smaller sea creatures: fish. Typically caught fish in Ilulissat are Arctic cod and Atlantic cod. There is no planned route, but you will be visiting the captain's favorite fishing spots and searching for fish-populated areas - a real authentic Greenlandic fishing trip! You just lean back and when the time is, your captain will provide you with the gear for your fishing exploration. Explore the deep sea's of Disko Bay by selecting your start day and pressing Book Now.
- 2 fishing lines
- 2,5 hours of sailing
What to bring
- Layered clothing. Ideally, you should pack a thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket), and outer layer of windproof clothing (top and bottom). You may not need all of this on any particular day, but you should have it available. You should also wear hiking boots with ankle support.
- Warm hat, gloves, buff or scarf
- Sturdy shoes (e.g. hiking boots)
- Insulated winter boots
- Sunglasses, sunscreen & hat
- Sunglasses and sunscreen - snow is very bright and even the winter sun can cause sunburn
- Head net and insect repellent (in case of mosquitoes)
- Camera with extra batteries
- Day pack
- Water bottle
- Optional: binoculars (for spotting whales and other wildlife)
The tour takes place on an open boat, therefore it is crucial that you remember to wear warm and windproof outerwear.
Floating suits are not provided for this tour.
Our customers are the foundation of Guide to Greenland so we make great efforts to provide you with the best possible service.
We are located in Greenland and cooperate with everyone involved in the Greenlandic tourism industry. We are therefore perfectly placed to quickly react to changes or new wishes you may have to ensure you have the trip of a lifetime.
The earlier you book your trip, the better the prices will be, and the more likely you will be able to book the tour you want for the dates/times you want.
Package tours can be sold out more than half a year in advance (note that Guide to Greenland does not include international flights in packages, except where indicated from Iceland or Denmark). Day trips may sell out closer to your arrival date, but for popular destinations, certain dates/times can also sell out months in advance. We recommend that you secure all of your experiences by booking them well in advance of your trip.
All cancellations must be made via e-mail.
Although Guide to Greenland is committed to ensuring the best protection and service for our customers in the event of a cancellation, we are obliged to charge cancellation fees. This is in accordance with Greenland travel industry business practices. Details can be found in our general cancellation policy
Note: Due to COVID-19, a temporary cancellation policy applies. You can find it in the footer of the website under the “Terms & Conditions”.
1 095 DKK