Hot Spring & Glacier by Helicopter | Qaqortoq | South Greenland
Enjoy the relaxation of soaking yourself in a hot spring with icebergs in view. Then fly up through fascinating fiord landscape, and stand beside a mighty glacier. Bring your bathing suit and venture out for the contrasts with us!
We fly over green valleys and farms, fiords with fishermens’ boats working among icebergs, and make a landing at the hot spring of Uunartoq. There are simple dressing, but nothing else. Pure nature surrounds you on this small island with icebergs floating by. The hot springs are a cozy 38°C (100°F) all year round. Enjoy the view and the silence. You can just relax, swim or cover yourself in the healthy silica mud from the springs.
From here, we continue on to explore the fiords and landscape. Waterfalls tumble down steep mountain sides, and we fly through beautiful U-shaped valleys carved by glaciers many thousands of years ago. Just imagine, these valleys used to be beneath a huge flow of ice.
Our next stop is right beside an inland glacier. From the vast inland ice sheet, rivers of ice are pushed down towards the valleys. You will witness first hand, the vast scale and powerful movements of nature.
On our way back we fly over ruins from the time of the Viking settlements, 1000 to 500 years ago. Many are well preserved and their structures can be spotted from the air. This whole landscape, of green farmland thriving at the edge of the ice sheet, has been listed as a UNESCO World Heritage site.
Join us on this tour, to experience the contrasts of South Greenland. Select your preferred date and click Book Now to reserve your place.
Hot Spring Bathing
- Airport fee
- 2,5 hours helicopter tour
- 2 landings
- visiting Unartoq hot springs
- landing on the glacier
- Weight fee if you are above 115kg
What to bring
In the winter
- Warm winter wear. Ideally, you should dress in layers: at least one thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), and insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket). The outer layer must be proper winter gear which typically has lots of insulation and is windproof. Think ski jacket and pants if you come from a warmer climate.
- Warm hat, thick windproof gloves, buff or scarf
- Insulated winter boots
- Sunglasses and sunscreen - snow is very bright and even the winter sun can cause sunburn
- Camera with extra batteries (the cold drains the batteries faster)
- Day pack
- Bathing suit and towel
In the summer
- Layered clothing. Ideally, you should pack a thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket), and outer layer of windproof clothing (top and bottom). You may not need all of this on any particular day, but you should have it available. You should always bring a windproof jacket, regardless of the weather.
- Warm hat, gloves, buff or scarf, gloves
- Sturdy shoes (e.g. hiking boots)
- Sunglasses, sunscreen & sun hat (depending on weather) Day Pack
- Camera with extra batteries
- Day pack
- Water bottle
- Bathing suit and towel
- The departure time for this tour is flexible. However, if your booking does not meet the minimum number of passengers required for the tour to run, we may need to move your chosen departure time to match you up with the next possible tour. In this case, we will contact you by email to verify the change of time.
- This tour has a minimum requirement of 4 passengers.
- Please meet at the departure point 10 minutes before departure time.
For your safety and comfort, we require you to buy and occupy what’s equal to 1,5 seats if you weigh 115 kg (254 lbs) or more. You will be charged an additional 2600 DKK, after booking.
Our customers are the foundation of Guide to Greenland so we make great efforts to provide you with the best possible service.
We are located in Greenland and cooperate with everyone involved in the Greenlandic tourism industry. We are therefore perfectly placed to quickly react to changes or new wishes you may have to ensure you have the trip of a lifetime.
The earlier you book your trip, the better the prices will be, and the more likely you will be able to book the tour you want for the dates/times you want.
Package tours can be sold out more than half a year in advance (note that Guide to Greenland does not include international flights in packages, except where indicated from Iceland or Denmark). Day trips may sell out closer to your arrival date, but for popular destinations, certain dates/times can also sell out months in advance. We recommend that you secure all of your experiences by booking them well in advance of your trip.
All cancellations must be made via e-mail.
Although Guide to Greenland is committed to ensuring the best protection and service for our customers in the event of a cancellation, we are obliged to charge cancellation fees. This is in accordance with Greenland travel industry business practices. Details can be found in our general cancellation policy
Note: Due to COVID-19, a temporary cancellation policy applies. You can find it in the footer of the website under the “Terms & Conditions”.
5 400 DKK
Glacier Landing by Helicopter | Qaqortoq | South GreenlandFrom 4 100 DKK
World Heritage Hvalsey by Helicopter | Qaqortoq | South GreenlandFrom 2 900 DKK
Icebergs and Summit View by Helicopter | Qaqortoq | South GreenlandFrom 2 300 DKK
Multi-day TourFlights from Reykjavík included!
Kayak & Ice Hike | 15 Days | South GreenlandFrom 26 300 DKK