Ice climbing & Ice Cave Tour | East Greenland
Join on this tour and try a combination of glacier hiking, ice climbing, and top it with a visit to a beautiful ice cave.
The tour starts from Tasiilaq harbour (or from Kulusuk on request), from where you will sail to a glacier. When sailing you will be surrounded by a beautiful mountain landscape, icebergs, and have great chances to spot wildlife. Humpback whales, fin whales, orcas, and seals are not uncommon visitors in these waters.
Once you get to the glacier you will go on to land with a professional guide and in a group of maximum 6 people. You will have an introduction to the gear and learn the basics of ice climbing.
You will start with an easy climb and after that you will have the chance to challenge yourself with climbing on more difficult walls - in the safe hand of the guide!
After the climbing you will be guided into a beautiful ice cave, where you will get to see the glacier from within. It is like stepping into a big room with turquise diamond walls, as the ice reflects the light from the outside. The experience is ever changing and will never be the same, as the ice is constantly moving, melting and freezing. After spending some time in the ice cave it is time to get back to town.
On the way back there are again plenty of opportunities to see huge icebergs and spot wildlife.
Explore the frozen wonders of the Arctic by joining this 4-hour day tour. Select your preferred date and click Book Now to reserve your place.
- Certified guide
- Glacier equipment for the climbing
- Cold and hot drinks (water, coffee, tea)
What to bring
- Layered clothing. Ideally, you should pack a thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), an insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket), and outer layer of windproof clothing (top and bottom). You may not need all of this on any particular day, but you should have it available. You should always bring a windproof jacket, regardless of the weather.
- Water- and windproof outer pants
- Warm hat, gloves, buff or scarf, gloves
- Sturdy shoes (e.g. hiking boots)
- Sunglasses, sunscreen & sun hat (depending on weather)
- Day Pack
- Camera with extra batteries
- Water bottle
- The duration of the tour is 4 hours.
- The tour is generally suitable for everybody and no previous experiences are required. You should however be able to hike for a while for attending the tour.
- Remember to wear good outdoor clothes that you can move in and that are suitable for the weather.
- There have to be at least 4 participants before the tour can be confirmed. There is a limit of 6 participants per tour.
- See terms and conditions in supplier description.
2 700 DKK