Iceberg cruise & Ice cave exploring | Tasiilaq | East Greenland
Go on the ultimate Arctic adventure by joining this 6-hour tour, you will be sailing next to giant icebergs and exploring an ice-cave!
This tour starts from the Tasiilaq harbour then goes towards Kulusuk through the King Oscars Fjord. As we make your way through the East Greenlandic coast, we will pass enormous icebergs, and slow down to appreciate just how truly massive these blocks of ice can be. We might even be lucky enough to see a few whales. Commonly seen in the area are humpback whales, minkes and fin whales. Before arriving at the Aputsiaq Glacier, we will be sailing for about an hour.
Once we reach the glacier we'll get off the boat and make our way through the mountain terrain surrounding the glacier. The guide who will be instructing you is a certified glacier guide and will make sure everyone is as safe as possible.
Before venturing onto the glacier to enter the cave, we'll have a safety briefing. Before reaching the cave, there is a 20 minute walk on glacial ice. The cave is unlike anything you've ever seen, it almost feels like you're entering a portal to the ice planet of Hoth(reference to a star wars movie). The ice cave is approx. 40 meters deep, so there is plenty of room to explore it before it's time to head back to Tasiilaq.
Reserve your place on this arctic adventure by selecting your preferred date and clicking on Book Now.
- Experienced glacier guide
- Boat transportation
- All safety gear to hike on the glacier and enter the cave
- Lunch and refreshments
What to bring
- Layered clothing. Ideally, you should pack a thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket), and outer layer of windproof clothing (top and bottom). You may not need all of this on any particular day, but you should have it available. You should always bring a windproof jacket, regardless of the weather.
- Warm hat, gloves, buff or scarf
- Sturdy shoes (e.g. hiking boots)
- Sunglasses, sunscreen & sun hat (depending on weather)
- Head net and insect repellent (in case of mosquitoes)
- Camera with extra batteries
- Day pack
- Water bottle
Pick-up can be arranged 15 min. before the time of departure. Please tell us where you are staying in the check-out process
The tour needs a minimum of 4 participants. If there are less than 4 we will try to reschedule you or will refund your money.
All tours in Greenland are dependant on weather. If we have to cancel we will try to reschedule you or will refund your money.
2 200 DKK