Kulusuk Day Tour | East Greenland
Join on this unique day tour to the remote Greenlandic town, Kulusuk. Get a glimpse of a world that is far away from everything you know.
Your journey starts from Reykjavík Domestic Airport. From Reykjavík you will fly directly to Kulusuk, a two hour flight. As you come closer to the coasts of Greenland you will see the beautiful landscape and a sea filled with icebergs in different sizes. Enjoy the view and before you know it, it is time to land.
Kulusuk is located on a small rocky island surrounded by rough, tall mountains and deep fjords. At the airport in Kulusuk you will be greeted by your guide for the day. The guide will hold a big sign, that you cannot miss.
Kulusuk is a town where around 300 people have their daily lives in colourful houses, surrounded by beautiful nature. With the guide you will walk through the town with its traditional green, red and yellow houses. On your guided walk you will visit the church, a tiny museum with artifacts from some of the first inhabitants in the area, the cemetery and if you are lucky you might get to experience a local perform a traditional Inuit drumdance. You will see how modern life and traditional lifestyle can be mixed, as many families in Kulusuk still are depending on hunting and fishing to sustain themselves. Take your time to explore the town, fresh air and enjoy the beautiful view of the sea and mountains.
Come along and get a little, colourful glimpse of Greenland. See availability by clicking "Book Now" and book your tour today.
*Please note: The operator does not allow free cancellation.
If a paid trip is cancelled 8 weeks or more prior to departure the charge will be 20% of the price and modifications will be charged with 10% of the price. If the trip is cancelled within 6-8 weeks prior to departure the charge is 40% and modifications will be charged with 20%of the price. If the trip is cancelled within 4-6 weeks prior to departure the charge is 60% and modifications will be charged with 30%of the price. If the trip is cancelled within 2-4 weeks prior to departure the charge is 80% and modifications will be charged with 40%of the price. If the trip is cancelled 2 weeks prior to or within 2 weeks prior to departure the charge is 100% and modifications will be charged with 50%of the price. If you do not show up for a paid trip the you will not get a refund and will be charged 100% of the price. All name changes are however free.
- Return flights between Reykjavík and Kulusuk
- Guided tour in Kulusuk (approx. 6 km)
- Approx. 4 hours in Kulusk
- Certificate of visit (upon request)
What to bring
- Layered clothing. Ideally, you should pack a thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket), and outer layer of windproof clothing (top and bottom). You may not need all of this on any particular day, but you should have it available. You should always bring a windproof jacket, regardless of the weather.
- Warm hat, gloves, buff or scarf, gloves
- Sturdy shoes (e.g. hiking boots)
- Sunglasses, sunscreen & sun hat (depending on weather)
- Water bottle & snacks
- The tour starts from Reykjavík Domestic Airport, please note that check-in begins 60 minutes before departure, so be at the airport in good time for this. When landed in Kulusuk a guide from Icelandic Mountain Guides will meet you at the airport with a sign that is hard to miss!
- On the tour you will go on a 6km hike, so please dress according to this. Wear good hiking shoes and warm clothes.
7 830 DKK
Vacation PackageIncluding flights from Iceland
A Touch of Greenland | Kulusuk | East GreenlandFrom 9 200 DKK
Boat Transfer between Kulusuk and Tasiilaq | East GreenlandFrom
Multi-day TourAvailable Dates 2022!
East Greenland Photo Exploration | TasiilaqFrom 7 400 DKK
Gate Way To Greenland | Kulusuk & Tasiilaq | East GreenlandFrom 21 100 DKK