Northern Lights Photography | Ilulissat | Disko Bay
Bring the most amazing pictures home from your winter trip to Greenland. Learn how to capture the beauty of the northern lights and bright stars over the snow-covered landscape.
While in Ilulissat you should take advantage of this tour under the clear skies full of stars and watch the Aurora Borealis dance above you. At Hotel Hvide Falk in Ilulissat town, you will meet your photography guide, who will explain about taking pictures of the northern lights and the arctic night sky.
You will learn about the camera settings over a cup of coffee or tea. Now you are ready to venture out to hike in the white landscape and feel the snow crunch under your feet, while you on snowshoes manoeuvre your way with the help of your flashlight and a professional guide.
You will be heading just outside of Ilulissat town, away from the city lights, where the darkness lets you enjoy the dancing colours of green and pink in the arctic night sky. On the tour, we will walk along the icefjord mixing northern lights with the view of huge icebergs. This hike is for everyone who wants to experience the Aurora Borealis whilst in Greenland and bring the memories back home, combined with snowshoeing over the snow-covered terrain.
With views of icebergs scattered across the Ilulissat Icefjord and absolute silence, you will get to enjoy the show of colours in the company of your fellow photographers in the safe hands of your guide and professional photographer. A great way to end a day of new experiences and excitement.
Come join this hike through the Arctic landscape in the search of Northern Lights! Bring your camera and plenty of memory on the SD card. Select your preferred date and click Book Now to reserve your place.
Please note, that there is no guarantee for northern lights.
UNESCO World Heritage Site
• Warm beverages
• Professional Photographer
What to bring
- Warm winter wear. Ideally, you should dress in layers: at least one thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), and insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket). The outer layer must be proper winter gear which typically has lots of insulation and is windproof. Think ski jacket and pants if you come from a warmer climate.
- Warm hat, thick windproof gloves, buff or scarf
- Insulated winter boots
- Camera with extra batteries (the cold drains the batteries faster)
- Water bottle
- Camera, tripod & extra battery
Warm hat, thick windproof gloves, buff or scarf
- No previous experience is needed for this trip as you will be accompanied by a guide that will help you through the whole process. On this trip, you will be joined by a professional photographer, experienced in photographing the arctic night.
- Please inform in advance if you have diabetes, cardio problems or other medical conditions that could affect you during the tour.
- All tours in Greenland are weather dependent. In the case of bad weather, the tour will be cancelled, and you will get full payment refund.
- This tour has a minimum requirement of 2 participants. If your booking does not meet the minimum number of participants required for the tour to run, we may need to move your chosen departure time to match you up with the next possible tour. In this case, we will contact you by email to verify that the change is OK.
- Each participant has to sign a Waiver of Liability before going on the tour. The terms and conditions of this tour can be found in the tour operator description e.g. cancellation policy.
- Please note, that there is no guarantee for northern lights.
- The usage of snowshoes and ski poles is weather dependant. Sometimes the firmness of the snow makes the snowshoes an inconvenience, in which case we won't wear them.
1 095 DKK
2 Day Hiking and Kayaking Adventure | Ilulissat | Disko BayFrom 4 950 DKK
2 Hours of Dogsledding | IlulissatFrom 1 495 DKK
Vacation PackageIncluding flights from Iceland
3 days Ilulissat Adventure | Ilulissat | Disko BayFrom 21 500 DKK
Vacation PackageBook now
5 Day Ilulissat Explorer | Disko BayFrom 25 600 DKK