Private Full Day Adventure | Uummannaq | North Greenland
Join this full-day trip for a unique tour of the Uummannaq fjord system and its historical and cultural sites.
The day starts off with a trip to Qilakitsoq, a place where one of Greenland's most significant archaeological findings was found, of the famous Qilakitsoq mummies. The guide will tell you about the discovery of these amazingly well preserved 500-year-old mummies before you move on to the "Desert of Uummannaq".
The Uummannaq Desert gives off an other-worldly vibe, it is like going ashore on another planet. The place is covered with yellow sand and earth and it is littered with billion-year-old rocks. Life seems non-existent on this patch of pure barrenness. The colours are sure to keep you in awe.
After the desert, you continue the sailing along the fjord, where whales, seals and icebergs in all kinds of shapes and sizes, will be in your surroundings.
You will be sailing towards a 1 kilometre tall sheer vertical rockface, thereafter followed by a visit to the settlement of Saattut, with a population of about 229. It is a tiny community, with a pleasant and relaxed atmosphere. Here, most are fishermen and hunters, just as it was when the place was first settled upon, but modern life is creeping in and it is very interesting to see the slow mix of this traditional lifestyle with modern amenities.
After Saattut, you will head back towards Uummannaq, having experienced many of the best and most interesting sites of the Uummannaq Fjord.
Please note that the price is for chartering the whole boat for this excursion.To experience the best of Uummanaq fjord in the summer, select your date of travel and click Book Now.
- Tea and Coffee
- Local Guide
What to bring
- Layered clothing. Ideally, you should pack a thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket), and outer layer of windproof clothing (top and bottom). You may not need all of this on any particular day, but you should have it available. You should always bring a windproof jacket, regardless of the weather.
- Warm hat, gloves, buff or scarf, gloves
- Sturdy shoes (e.g. hiking boots)
- Sunglasses, sunscreen & sun hat (depending on weather)
- Day Pack
- Camera with extra batteries
- Water bottle
- This tour is a private charter, the price is for chartering the whole boat for this excursion.
14 200 DKK
Multi-day TourWith professional photographer
Arctic Nights Photography Workshop | Uummannaq | North GreenlandFrom 52 900 DKK
City walk | Uummannaq | North GreenlandFrom 300 DKK
Dogsled expedition to settlements | Uummannaq | North GreenlandFrom
Dogsledding – 2 hours | Uummannaq | North GreenlandFrom 1 500 DKK