Private Whale & Musk Ox Safari | Uummannaq | North Greenland
Go on the only tour of its kind in Uummannaq, combining both whale safari and roaming for the big musk oxen to the north.
You will go on a 126 km journey north, sailing in the waters of Fin whales, Humpbacks, Minkes and Seals. The voyage north will take about 3 hours to the land of Umiivik, a place well known for its population of musk oxen. The Greenlandic name of Musk Oxen is Umimmak, which loosely translates to the "big-bearded one", which, if you're lucky enough to come across them, you'll understand fully as you see their thick fur. The Captain is well trained in spotting these big animals, which hopefully will result in finding them before you even reach land. Having arrived you will spend a couple of hours there, enjoying the included lunch before heading back south.
Please note that the price is for chartering the whole boat for this excursion.
For a glimpse of the Greenlandic fauna, select your date of travel and click Book Now.
- Tea & coffee
- Local guide
What to bring
- Layered clothing. Ideally, you should pack a thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket), and outer layer of windproof clothing (top and bottom). You may not need all of this on any particular day, but you should have it available. You should always bring a windproof jacket, regardless of the weather.
- Warm hat, gloves, buff or scarf, gloves
- Sturdy shoes (e.g. hiking boots)
- Sunglasses, sunscreen & sun hat (depending on weather)
- Day Pack
- Camera with extra batteries
- Water bottle
- The price is for chartering the boat.
- The tour includes 1 to 6 passengers.
14 200 DKK
Multi-day TourWith professional photographer
Arctic Nights Photography Workshop | Uummannaq | North GreenlandFrom 52 900 DKK
City walk | Uummannaq | North GreenlandFrom 300 DKK
Dogsled expedition to settlements | Uummannaq | North GreenlandFrom
Dogsledding – 2 hours | Uummannaq | North GreenlandFrom 1 500 DKK