Rent a bike | Nuuk | West Greenland
Enjoy unparalleled freedom while exploring Nuuk on quality bicycles. Nuuk has a lot of interesting viewpoints which you can easily reach with a bike. The bikes can be rented for as many days as you want, making life much easier while you’re here.
We recommend biking around the oldest part of town, Nuutoqaq as well as going out to the city parts known as Nuussuaq and Qinngorput. The hilly terrain makes for thrilling rides as you sweep through the city streets, and before you know it you’re at the edge of the city with wide open nature right in front of you. The city isn’t known as being a colourful capital for nothing! You can follow the artwork trail or just explore exciting sites like the national museum or university of Greenland as you peal your way around.
The bikes are of high quality with their lightweight aluminium body, roller brakes, Shimano gears, reflexes built into the puncture-proof tires and of course front and back lights.
You can pick up your bike in down town Nuuk and immediately go explore, so what are you waiting for? Select your preferred date and click Book Now to reserve your bike.
- 1 Touring bike
What to bring
- Layered clothing. Ideally, you should pack a thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket), and outer layer of windproof clothing (top and bottom). You may not need all of this on any particular day, but you should have it available. You should always bring a windproof jacket, regardless of the weather.
- Warm hat, gloves, buff or scarf, gloves
- Sturdy shoes (e.g. hiking boots)
- Sunglasses, sunscreen & sun hat (depending on weather) Day Pack
- Camera with extra batteries
- Day pack
- Water bottle
- You can pick up the bike at Ilivinnguaq 18, near the city center.
- The price is for 24 hours of renting the bike.
Terms of service
Our customers are the foundation of Guide to Greenland so we make great efforts to provide you with the best possible service.
We are located in Greenland and cooperate with everyone involved in the Greenlandic tourism industry. We are therefore perfectly placed to quickly react to changes or new wishes you may have to ensure you have the trip of a lifetime.
The earlier you book your trip, the better the prices will be, and the more likely you will be able to book the tour you want for the dates/times you want.
Package tours can be sold out more than half a year in advance (note that Guide to Greenland does not include international flights in packages, except where indicated from Iceland or Denmark). Day trips may sell out closer to your arrival date, but for popular destinations, certain dates/times can also sell out months in advance. We recommend that you secure all of your experiences by booking them well in advance of your trip.
All cancellations must be made via e-mail.
Although Guide to Greenland is committed to ensuring the best protection and service for our customers in the event of a cancellation, we are obliged to charge cancellation fees. This is in accordance with Greenland travel industry business practices. Details can be found in our general cancellation policy
Note: Due to COVID-19, a temporary cancellation policy applies. You can find it in the footer of the website under the "Terms & Conditions".