Robinson River Fishing & Camping | Kangerlussuaq | West Greenland
Join this 2-day fishing excursion to the Robinson River which has the highest concentrations of migrating Arctic Char! The perfect place to set up a camp and fish until your heart's content.
The Greenlandic name for this place is 'Angujaartorfiup Kuua' which loosely translates to 'the river where you haul fish', here the fish average at around 5-6 kg or 11-13 lbs! Kangerlussuaq has a huge fjord, stretching more than 170 kilometres, and a network of rivers and waterways feeds into it, attracting lots and lots of Arctic Char. We will travel along the fjord to somewhere around the middle right by the line of the Arctic Circle
Your tour starts from your selected pickup point. You will be driving through the scenic backcountry of Kangerlussuaq to the harbour and then sailing about 40 km to our camping spot. Ashore you can select one of the five 2-person tents and gather your equipment, we will provide you with sleeping bag, food, a fishing license, rods and reels, but you have to buy the bait by the camp or bring your own.
The glacial meltwater river offers lots of, sometimes lengthy, battles between fisher and fish. There are several good spots for fishing along the river and some places, one near a waterfall, a bite is pretty much guaranteed.Reserve your place by selecting your preferred date and clicking on Book Now.
We will start from the Polar Lodge and drive down to the harbour from which we'll sail about 40 km to the campsite. We'll set up camp and immediately have the opportunity to start fishing.
If you wish to keep any fish you can ask the chef to help prepare it over the open fire.
- Experienced guide
- Fishing License
- Fishing equipment (spinners not included)
- Tent and sleeping bag
What to bring
- Layered clothing. Ideally, you should pack a thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket), and outer layer of windproof clothing (top and bottom). You may not need all of this on any particular day, but you should have it available. You should always bring a windproof jacket, regardless of the weather.
- Warm hat, gloves, buff or scarf
- Sturdy shoes (e.g. hiking boots)
- Sunglasses, sunscreen & sun hat (depending on weather)
- Head net and insect repellent (in case of mosquitoes)
- Camera with extra batteries
- Day pack
- Water bottle
- Bait and spinners are available for purchase once you arrive.
3 325 DKK
3 Day Glacier Adventure | KangerlussuaqFrom 7 995 DKK
4 hour Dog Sledding Tour | Kangerlussuaq | West GreenlandFrom 2 650 DKK
Camp on the Greenland ice sheet | Kangerlussuaq | West GreenlandFrom 2 950 DKK
Multi-day TourGroup Pricing
Dog sledding expedition | Kangerlussuaq to Sisimiut | West GreenlandFrom 16 975 DKK