The Fjord of Glaciers | Tasiilaq | East Greenland
Join this exhilarating glacier-sightseeing by helicopter, taking you to deep into the Sermilik Fjord to experience one of the fjords glaciers!
On this tour, you will be visiting the Sermilik Fjord. The fjord was named Sermilik, due to its many glaciers and means ‘The place with glaciers’. In the fjord, you will be able to see the Helheim Glacier, Fenris Glacier and the Midgard Glacier. The glaciers have been frozen for over 3 million years.
You will meet us at Tasiilaq Heliport, where you will seated in our helicopter. Before takeoff, the pilot will brief you on the security protocols that apply flightseeing adventures and the highlights of this tour.
We will be setting the course northeast of Tasiilaq, and into Sermilik Fjord. As we fly above the fjord, gaze down on the crystal blue icebergs, that originates from the fjords glaciers. Due to the rising temperatures the glaciers are melting, and therefore produce tons of icebergs. The icebergs create a scenic and picturesque landscape, for you to enjoy en route.After a short flight time, the pilot will be landing the helicopter near one of the glacier walls, where you and your co-explorers can get a full overview of the glacier wall and a beautiful sight of the glacier rising high above in the backdrop. Enjoy the impressive scenery of glacier and icebergs, before heading back to Tasiilaq. To gaze upon the Arctic wonders of East Greenland, select your day of travel and click on Book Now.
- English speaking pilot
What to bring
- Layered clothing. Ideally, you should pack a thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket), and outer layer of windproof clothing (top and bottom). You may not need all of this on any particular day, but you should have it available. You should always bring a windproof jacket, regardless of the weather.
- Warm hat, gloves, buff or scarf, gloves
- Sturdy shoes (e.g. hiking boots)
- Sunglasses, sunscreen & sun hat (depending on weather)
- Head net and insect repellent (in case of mosquitoes)
- Camera with extra batteries
- Day pack
- Water bottle
- Please note, that you have to be in the airport 30 minutes before departure.
- With your safety in mind, we reserve the right to cancel a tour or change the itinerary due to weather conditions or any other factors beyond our control.
- Ignore the 'Terms of service' field above. The terms and conditions of this tour can be found below.
- The minimum participants for this helicopter flight are 3 persons. If there are fewer bookings than three the flight will be cancelled and you will receive a full refund.
- All cancellations must be made by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and confirmed by the tour opereator.
- We are obliged to charge cancellation fees to passenger(s) as follows:
- Less than 2 weeks and more than 72 hours – 10%
- Less than 72 hours and more than 24 hours – 50%
- Less than 24 hours – 100%
Our customers are the foundation of Guide to Greenland so we make great efforts to provide you with the best possible service.
We are located in Greenland and cooperate with everyone involved in the Greenlandic tourism industry. We are therefore perfectly placed to quickly react to changes or new wishes you may have to ensure you have the trip of a lifetime.
The earlier you book your trip, the better the prices will be, and the more likely you will be able to book the tour you want for the dates/times you want.
Package tours can be sold out more than half a year in advance (note that Guide to Greenland does not include international flights in packages, except where indicated from Iceland or Denmark). Day trips may sell out closer to your arrival date, but for popular destinations, certain dates/times can also sell out months in advance. We recommend that you secure all of your experiences by booking them well in advance of your trip.
All cancellations must be made via e-mail.
Although Guide to Greenland is committed to ensuring the best protection and service for our customers in the event of a cancellation, we are obliged to charge cancellation fees. This is in accordance with Greenland travel industry business practices. Details can be found in our general cancellation policy
Note: Due to COVID-19, a temporary cancellation policy applies. You can find it in the footer of the website under the “Terms & Conditions”.
Boat Transfer between Kulusuk and Tasiilaq | East GreenlandFrom 900 DKK
Ice climbing & Ice Cave Tour | East GreenlandFrom 2 850 DKK
East Greenland Photo Exploration | TasiilaqFrom 12 500 DKK
Sailing to Tiniteqilaaq and the Sermilik Icefjord | Tasiilaq | East GreenlandFrom 1 600 DKK
There are no reviews yet.