The northernmost settlement Siorapaluk | Qaanaaq
Visit the northernmost natural settlement on our planet, Siorapaluk. Inuit have lived in this area for over 4000 years, sustaining themselves in the Arctic nature.
Our boat trip goes past icebergs, and lands on a white-sand beach in front of a small cluster of houses. The population of Siorapaluk is around 40. Children may be at the playground or the beach, and you will meet locals in front of the store. A river of clear, cold glacier melt runs through the settlement. It is a beautiful walk along the coast in either direction. The hills behind the houses is a nice place to go too, and you might spot some arctic hare if it’s early summer.
A half an hour walk or 5 minute boat ride will take you to where thousands of little auk nest. There is a glacier at the bottom of the fiord, where you might spot some seals. You can also take a hike, or explore the next fiord to the south. Would like to spend your time around the settlement? Or do you want to explore the fiord? Discuss plans with your local guide and enjoy the summer day!
For a glimpse of the daily life in the worlds most northern settlement, select your preferred date and press on Book Now.
- 1 to 5 passengers
- Local guide
- Coffee and tea
What to bring
- Layered clothing. Ideally, you should pack a thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket), and outer layer of windproof clothing (top and bottom). You may not need all of this on any particular day, but you should have it available. You should always bring a windproof jacket, regardless of the weather.
- Warm hat, gloves, buff or scarf, gloves
- Sunglasses, sunscreen & sun hat (depending on weather)
- Camera with extra batteries
- Day pack
- Water bottle
- Water-resistant hiking boots
- It can be cold on the boat in the Arctic. Down jacket, warm over-trousers are recommended. Dress in layers so that you can adjust when you are on land.
- It is possible to combine this tour with another boat trip and enjoy a long day out under the midnight sun. You can book a combi-tour when you make a reservation:
- Qeqertarsuaq, a picturesque former settlement
- Boat trip among icebergs, searching for narwhal
- If you need assistance to book your flight or accommodation, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms of service
Our customers are the foundation of Guide to Greenland so we make great efforts to provide you with the best possible service.
We are located in Greenland and cooperate with everyone involved in the Greenlandic tourism industry. We are therefore perfectly placed to quickly react to changes or new wishes you may have to ensure you have the trip of a lifetime.
The earlier you book your trip, the better the prices will be, and the more likely you will be able to book the tour you want for the dates/times you want.
Package tours can be sold out more than half a year in advance (note that Guide to Greenland does not include international flights in packages, except where indicated from Iceland or Denmark). Day trips may sell out closer to your arrival date, but for popular destinations, certain dates/times can also sell out months in advance. We recommend that you secure all of your experiences by booking them well in advance of your trip.
All cancellations must be made via e-mail.
Although Guide to Greenland is committed to ensuring the best protection and service for our customers in the event of a cancellation, we are obliged to charge cancellation fees. This is in accordance with Greenland travel industry business practices. Details can be found in our general cancellation policy
Note: Due to COVID-19, a temporary cancellation policy applies. You can find it in the footer of the website under the "Terms & Conditions".
2 600 DKK
Multi-day TourGroup Pricing
Summer vacation under the midnight sun | Qaanaaq | North GreenlandFrom 7 900 DKK
Day Tour1 to 5 passengers included
The northernmost settlement Siorapaluk | QaanaaqFrom 2 600 DKK
Day Tour1 to 5 passengers included
Picturesque Settlement Qeqertarsuaq | QaanaaqFrom 2 600 DKK
Summer in the Far North | QaanaaqFrom 17 500 DKK