Boat trip towards the North Pole | Qaanaaq
Let’s sail north, and although we will not reach the North Pole, it will be further north than most travellers have ever been.
From Qaanaaq, we sail past Siorapaluk, the northernmost settlement, enjoying the view of many glaciers on the way. There is a good possibility that we will see seals sunbathing on the ice, and in early summer they might be a chance for a walrus sighting too. On the horizon to the west, you will see the mountains of Canada in the distance.
Past the westernmost point of Greenland, Ullersuaq (Cape Alexander), we will take a look at the ice conditions. If there is a lot of ice we may have to return south, as our way back home can become blocked. If the way is clear, we will sail further past green hills and waterfalls, towards Etah.
Etah used to be the northernmost settlement of Greenland. There are people in Qaanaaq and Siorapaluk who spent their childhood here. Today some huts still stand and hunters come to hunt muskoxen. Take a walk to the glacial lake in the valley and you may be able to spot some on the way.
Join us on this special experience, by selecting your preferred date and clicking Book Now.
- 1 to 5 passengers
- Local guide
- Coffee and tea
What to bring
- Layered clothing. Ideally, you should pack a thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket), and outer layer of windproof clothing (top and bottom). You may not need all of this on any particular day, but you should have it available. You should always bring a windproof jacket, regardless of the weather.
- Warm hat, gloves, buff or scarf, gloves
- Sturdy shoes (e.g. hiking boots)
- Sunglasses, sunscreen & sun hat (depending on weather)
- Camera with extra batteries
- Day pack
- Water bottle
- Binoculars, if you have one, will enrich your experiences
- How far north we can travel will depend on ice and weather conditions. Your guide will make a final decision on where we can go.
- It can be cold on the boat in the Arctic. Down jacket, warm over-trousers are recommended. Dress in layers so that you can adjust when it is warm.
- If you need assistance to book your flight or accommodation, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms of service
Our customers are the foundation of Guide to Greenland so we make great efforts to provide you with the best possible service.
We are located in Greenland and cooperate with everyone involved in the Greenlandic tourism industry. We are therefore perfectly placed to quickly react to changes or new wishes you may have to ensure you have the trip of a lifetime.
The earlier you book your trip, the better the prices will be, and the more likely you will be able to book the tour you want for the dates/times you want.
Package tours can be sold out more than half a year in advance (note that Guide to Greenland does not include international flights in packages, except where indicated from Iceland or Denmark). Day trips may sell out closer to your arrival date, but for popular destinations, certain dates/times can also sell out months in advance. We recommend that you secure all of your experiences by booking them well in advance of your trip.
All cancellations must be made via e-mail.
Although Guide to Greenland is committed to ensuring the best protection and service for our customers in the event of a cancellation, we are obliged to charge cancellation fees. This is in accordance with Greenland travel industry business practices. Details can be found in our general cancellation policy
Note: Due to COVID-19, a temporary cancellation policy applies. You can find it in the footer of the website under the "Terms & Conditions".
3 900 DKK
Multi-day TourGroup Pricing
Summer vacation under the midnight sun | Qaanaaq | North GreenlandFrom 7 900 DKK
Day Tour1 to 5 passengers included
The northernmost settlement Siorapaluk | QaanaaqFrom 2 600 DKK
Day Tour1 to 5 passengers included
Picturesque Settlement Qeqertarsuaq | QaanaaqFrom 2 600 DKK
Summer in the Far North | QaanaaqFrom 17 500 DKK