Fishing for cod | Nuuk | West Greenland
Go on a fishing tour near Greenland's capital, Nuuk, and return with an impressive haul of cod. Fresh fish for dinner! This adventure starts from Iggiaa (Bro O) where you’ll be welcomed and given a survival suit so you can keep warm in the open boat. Even in the summer, it can get cold fast while travelling at speed. The weather conditions determine the exact sailing plan and the captain will decide where it is best to try your luck with the fish. But no matter where you stop, you'll have a breathtaking view of the Nuuk Fjord. And don't worry about returning empty-handed! There are loads of fish along the Greenland coast. Fishing is a way of life here in Greenland and the locals love to catch and eat fish in all its many forms. However, if you don't have any fishing experience, that's not a problem. The captain and guide will set you up, show you what to do and take care of the fish once you've caught them. All you have to do is reel them in. Once you've finished catching fish, lean back and enjoy the journey home through the spectacular fjord system and its impressive mountains. Reserve your place by selecting your preferred date and clicking Book Now.
- Danish & English Speaking Guide
- Closed boat with heated cabin and restroom onboard
- Safety equipment
- Fishing equipment
What to bring
- Layered clothing. Ideally, you should pack a thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket), and outer layer of windproof clothing (top and bottom). You may not need all of this on any particular day, but you should have it available. You should always bring a windproof jacket, regardless of the weather.
- Warm hat, gloves, buff or scarf
- Sturdy shoes (e.g. hiking boots)
- Sunglasses, sunscreen & sun hat (depending on weather)
- Camera with extra batteries
- Day pack
- Water bottle
- Optional: Binoculars for spotting whales
- Whale season is between May and October (Not Guaranteed)
- This tour requires a minimum of 2 people. If we do not have enough people, the tour will be cancelled and you will be fully refunded.
- Children younger than two years can join the tour for free.