Picturesque Settlement Qeqertarsuaq | Qaanaaq
Come and sail with us among icebergs to the former settlement of Qeqertarsuaq. Enjoy the grand landscape and explore the old settlement. A walk up the hill will give you a great view over the fiord.
Some houses are used as summer houses, and there are hunters who use the settlement as a stopover in all seasons. Walk around, visit the church, and see the old turf house. Not far from the settlement, there are ruins of ancient Inuit dwellings.
You can explore the shores of the neighbouring islands Kiatak and Appassuit if weather conditions are good. Or you can spend time floating in the middle of the fiord to see if there are narwhal passing by. You need a lot of luck to see narwhal on a one day trip, but there will be plenty of beautiful icebergs and views of glaciers and the ice cap in the distance.
Make a reservation by selecting your preferred date and clicking on Book Now.
- 1 to 5 passengers
- Local Guide
- Coffee and tea
What to bring
- Layered clothing. Ideally, you should pack a thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket), and outer layer of windproof clothing (top and bottom). You may not need all of this on any particular day, but you should have it available. You should always bring a windproof jacket, regardless of the weather.
- Warm hat, gloves, buff or scarf, gloves
- Sturdy shoes (e.g. hiking boots)
- Sunglasses, sunscreen & sun hat (depending on weather)
- Camera with extra batteries
- Day pack
- Water bottle
- It can be cold on the boat in the Arctic. Down jacket, warm over-trousers are recommended. Dress in layers so that you can adjust when you are on land
- It is possible to combine this tour with another boat trip, and enjoy a long day out under the midnight sun. You can book a combi-tour, when you make a reservation:
- Siorapaluk, the northernmost settlement
- Glacier front of Quinissut
-Boat trip among icebergs, searching for narwhal
- If you need assistance to book your flight or accommodation, contact us firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terms of service
Our customers are the foundation of Guide to Greenland so we make great efforts to provide you with the best possible service.
We are located in Greenland and cooperate with everyone involved in the Greenlandic tourism industry. We are therefore perfectly placed to quickly react to changes or new wishes you may have to ensure you have the trip of a lifetime.
The earlier you book your trip, the better the prices will be, and the more likely you will be able to book the tour you want for the dates/times you want.
Package tours can be sold out more than half a year in advance (note that Guide to Greenland does not include international flights in packages, except where indicated from Iceland or Denmark). Day trips may sell out closer to your arrival date, but for popular destinations, certain dates/times can also sell out months in advance. We recommend that you secure all of your experiences by booking them well in advance of your trip.
All cancellations must be made via e-mail.
Although Guide to Greenland is committed to ensuring the best protection and service for our customers in the event of a cancellation, we are obliged to charge cancellation fees. This is in accordance with Greenland travel industry business practices. Details can be found in our general cancellation policy
Note: Due to COVID-19, a temporary cancellation policy applies. You can find it in the footer of the website under the "Terms & Conditions".
2 600 DKK
Multi-day TourGroup Pricing
Summer vacation under the midnight sun | Qaanaaq | North GreenlandFrom 7 900 DKK
Day Tour1 to 5 passengers included
The northernmost settlement Siorapaluk | QaanaaqFrom 2 600 DKK
Day Tour1 to 5 passengers included
Picturesque Settlement Qeqertarsuaq | QaanaaqFrom 2 600 DKK
Summer in the Far North | QaanaaqFrom 17 500 DKK