Snowshoe Hiking | Ilulissat | Disko Bay
Step right up to join this fully guided tour and uncover Ilulissat's valleys of snow, conquer steep mountainsides and gaze upon mesmerizing views! This tour is for anyone who would like to spice up their Ilulissat holiday, while still visiting Ilulissat's most popular attraction.
This tour takes you to the spell-binding and magical Sermermiut Valley. Sermermiut valley is known as a UNESCO World heritage because of the ancient Inuit traces and its unimaginable beauty. Sermermiut has been inhabited by different Inuit cultures and was first inhabited around 4000 years ago.
Due to the hard arctic climate, exploring Ilulissat's UNESCO world heritage becomes difficult. Snowshoeing allows you to reach almost inaccessible places, as the snowshoe easily can conquer the steep mountains sides.
Your tour starts at Kussangajaannguaq 7, where you will be introduced to your guide, who will lead you safely through the winter wonderland. From there you and your fellow explorers will be transferred to Ilulissat’s powerhouse. At the powerhouse a valley of adventures awaits you! You will be following, what the locals call the “Yellow route”. Tie your snowshoes and come along!
The route takes you around Sermermiuts headland and will provide you with panoramic views of Sermermiut, Disko Bay and spell-binding views of icebergs in all sizes and shapes. You will feel the unforgiving arctic cold bite your cheeks and the sweat run down your back! En route, there will be lots of opportunities for capturing moments lasting a lifetime through your camera lens.
The headland will provide you with unimaginable beauty, as you can see the Icefjords many icebergs on their voyage to the Atlantic ocean. The route ends at the heliport, where transfer back to Ilulissat will be waiting.
This tour is for anyone (experienced or not) who would like to explore the winter wonderland of Sermeriut. Reserve your place by selecting your preferred date and clicking on Book Now.
- Transfer from and to the departure point to the start of the hike
- Coffee & tea
What to bring
- Warm winter wear. Ideally, you should dress in layers: at least one thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), and insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket). The outer layer must be proper winter gear which typically has lots of insulation and is windproof.
- Warm hat, thick windproof gloves, buff or scarf
- Insulated winter boots
- Sunglasses and sunscreen - snow is very bright and even the winter sun can cause sunburn
- Camera with extra batteries (the cold drains the batteries faster)
- Day pack
- Water bottle
- It is crucial that you wear warm and practical clothing, for this snowshoe adventure.
2 Day Hiking and Kayaking Adventure | Ilulissat | Disko BayFrom 4 950 DKK
2 Hours of Dogsledding | IlulissatFrom 1 495 DKK
Vacation PackageIncluding flights from Iceland
3 days Ilulissat Adventure | Ilulissat | Disko BayFrom 21 500 DKK
Vacation PackageBook now
5 Day Ilulissat Explorer | Disko BayFrom 25 600 DKK