Captains Favorite Strait Cruise Sullorsuaq | Private tour | Ilulissat | Disko Bay
This tour is for those who want the perfect picture. So make sure your memory card is empty before heading out on this trip.
The journey begins from morning departure from Ilulissat, heading across Disko Bay towards Disko Island. Heading away from Ilulissat and further into the icebergs, more magnificent ice sculptures will be at view. Chances of spotting wildlife will also be very likely, seals and whales whilst sailing among the coastline of mountains as high as 1,6 kilometers high.
Also, we will pass a funny phenomenon – a stone glacier. Rocks and ice mixed together, and the rare thing about the stone glacier on Disko Island is that it ends up in the sea. That is not seen in other places in the world.
In Vaigat you will come to Qullissat. If the weather allows, anchor up and go to shore with the dinghy for one hour. Qullissat is a closed coal mine city. It closed in 1973. All houses are still there from the 1500 inhabitants. An interesting place to visit.
From Qullissat heading cross Vaigat and head for the settlement Saqqaq. Saqqaq is surrounded by high beautiful mountains on the one side and icebergs and perfect view to the Disko Island on the other side. Spending one hour in Saqqaq.
From Saqqaq back to Ilulissat past the beautiful coastline of Arveprinsens Ejland.
Lunch and dinner can be arranged on the tour – or you can bring your own.Reserve your trip by selecting your preferred date and clicking on Book Now.
- VIP Charter for the whole boat (for 6 people)
- Whole day trip in a heated cabin boat
- Experienced local captain
- Tea & coffee
What to bring
- Layered clothing. Ideally, you should pack a thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket), and outer layer of windproof clothing (top and bottom). You may not need all of this on any particular day, but you should have it available. You should always bring a windproof jacket, regardless of the weather.
- Warm hat, gloves, buff or scarf, gloves
- Sturdy shoes (e.g. hiking boots)
- Sunglasses, sunscreen & sun hat (depending on weather)
- Head net and insect repellent (in case of mosquitoes)
- Camera with extra batteries
- Day pack
- Water bottle
- Optional: Binoculars
- Although this adventure takes place on a closed boat, you will want to spend time out on the decks for the best views. Make sure you dress appropriately and, regardless of weather, it is always a good idea to bring a windproof jacket and gloves.
- It is possible to bring your own food, but save yourself the trouble and order a sandwich or a lunch plate in the booking process.
Our customers are the foundation of Guide to Greenland so we make great efforts to provide you with the best possible service.
We are located in Greenland and cooperate with everyone involved in the Greenlandic tourism industry. We are therefore perfectly placed to quickly react to changes or new wishes you may have to ensure you have the trip of a lifetime.
The earlier you book your trip, the better the prices will be, and the more likely you will be able to book the tour you want for the dates/times you want.
Package tours can be sold out more than half a year in advance (note that Guide to Greenland does not include international flights in packages, except where indicated from Iceland or Denmark). Day trips may sell out closer to your arrival date, but for popular destinations, certain dates/times can also sell out months in advance. We recommend that you secure all of your experiences by booking them well in advance of your trip.
All cancellations must be made via e-mail.
Although Guide to Greenland is committed to ensuring the best protection and service for our customers in the event of a cancellation, we are obliged to charge cancellation fees. This is in accordance with Greenland travel industry business practices. Details can be found in our general cancellation policy
Note: Due to COVID-19, a temporary cancellation policy applies. You can find it in the footer of the website under the “Terms & Conditions”.
19 950 DKK
There are no reviews yet.