Captains Favorite Strait Cruise Sullorsuaq | Private tour | Ilulissat | Disko Bay
This tour is for those who want the perfect picture. So make sure your memory card is empty before heading out on this trip.
The journey begins from morning departure from Ilulissat, heading across Disko Bay towards Disko Island. Heading away from Ilulissat and further into the icebergs, more magnificent ice sculptures will be at view. Chances of spotting wildlife will also be very likely, seals and whales whilst sailing among the coastline of mountains as high as 1,6 kilometers high.
Also, we will pass a funny phenomenon – a stone glacier. Rocks and ice mixed together, and the rare thing about the stone glacier on Disko Island is that it ends up in the sea. That is not seen in other places in the world.
In Vaigat you will come to Qullissat. If the weather allows, anchor up and go to shore with the dinghy for one hour. Qullissat is a closed coal mine city. It closed in 1973. All houses are still there from the 1500 inhabitants. An interesting place to visit.
From Qullissat heading cross Vaigat and head for the settlement Saqqaq. Saqqaq is surrounded by high beautiful mountains on the one side and icebergs and perfect view to the Disko Island on the other side. Spending one hour in Saqqaq.
From Saqqaq back to Ilulissat past the beautiful coastline of Arveprinsens Ejland.
Lunch and dinner can be arranged on the tour – or you can bring your own.Reserve your trip by selecting your preferred date and clicking on Book Now.
- Experienced captain
- Tea & coffee
What to bring
- Layered clothing. Ideally, you should pack a thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket), and outer layer of windproof clothing (top and bottom). You may not need all of this on any particular day, but you should have it available. You should always bring a windproof jacket, regardless of the weather.
- Warm hat, gloves, buff or scarf, gloves
- Sturdy shoes (e.g. hiking boots)
- Sunglasses, sunscreen & sun hat (depending on weather)
- Head net and insect repellent (in case of mosquitoes)
- Camera with extra batteries
- Day pack
- Water bottle
- Optional: Binoculars
- Although this adventure takes place on a closed boat, you will want to spend time out on the decks for the best views. Make sure you dress appropriately and, regardless of weather, it is always a good idea to bring a windproof jacket and gloves.
- It is possible to bring your own food, but save yourself the trouble and order a sandwich or a lunch plate in the booking process.
19 950 DKK