UTV Glacier Expedition | Ilulissat - Ilimanaq | Disko Bay
Join this ride into the wilderness south of Iliminaq, leading to the soaring Icecap of Greenland.
If you are in Ilulissat, the adventure starts early at Kussangajaannguaq 7 where you will meet your fellow explorers. Together you will head on to a boat and travel through the ice packed passages in the presence of playful sea creatures (please note, that if you are in Ilulissat you will also have to book the boat transfer to Ilimanaq).
While setting the sails towards Ilimanaq, enjoy the breathtaking landscape and look over the crystal blue waters reflecting the sun. After a short landing in Ilimanaq, you will head back on the sea for the highlight of the adventure. When arriving at the beach south of Ilimanaq, your next destination is the Tasiusaq fjord, where you will drive on a UTV (Utility Terrain Vehicle) through the untouched arctic tundra. Tasiusaq fjord has been a popular place since ancient times, and Inuit migrate waves have been coming and going since they first arrived in Greenland. The last bit to reach the glacier is by speed boat throuhg the stunning fjord system.
Before venturing onto the ice, you will have a little break to enjoy the lunch pack and the amazing views. The huge glacier walls, will decorate any visiting explorer and welcome you into its home. When getting up on the glacier, you will get the impression of an infinite glacier, stretching 1000 of kilometres in each direction, that will emotionally drain you with its beauty.
Reserve your place by selecting your preferred date and clicking on Book Now.
ATV & UTV
- English & Danish speaking guide
- Coffee & Tea
What to bring
- Layered clothing. Ideally, you should pack a thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket), and outer layer of windproof clothing (top and bottom). You may not need all of this on any particular day, but you should have it available. You should always bring a windproof jacket, regardless of the weather.
- Warm hat, gloves, buff or scarf
- Sturdy shoes (e.g. hiking boots)
- Sunglasses, sunscreen & sun hat (depending on weather)
- Head net and insect repellent (in case of mosquitoes)
- Camera with extra batteries
- Day pack
- Water bottle
- This tour starts and ends in Ilimanaq. If you are based in Ilulissat - remember to add your boat transfers to Ilimanaq in the booking process
- Only participate if you are physically fit and do not suffer from injuries of any kind.
- A minimum of 2 people is required for this tour. If there are less than this number registered on the day, the tour will be cancelled and your money refunded.
2 695 DKK
2 Day Hiking and Kayaking Adventure | Ilulissat | Disko BayFrom 4 950 DKK
2 Hours of Dogsledding | IlulissatFrom 1 495 DKK
Vacation PackageIncluding flights from Iceland
3 days Ilulissat Adventure | Ilulissat | Disko BayFrom 21 500 DKK
Vacation PackageBook now
5 Day Ilulissat Explorer | Disko BayFrom 25 000 DKK