Cod Fishing & Snow Crabs | Sisimiut
Come aboard this traditional hunter and fisherman's boat to catch gigantic Codfish and hopefully get some snow crabs in the net!
This tour is perfect for those who wants to try fishing in Greenland, and we can almost guarantee you’ll catch something! And if you wish you can bring all of your catches straight home to cook for dinner.
On the way out to the captain's favorite fishing spots, we have a good chance of spotting seals and possibly even whales! Humpback whales are common visitors between May and July.
We will fish with a method known as sea angling, it’s super easy and anyone can try! This also means we might be able to catch more than one fish in a single line! A thrilling experience!
The boat is open, but we provide you with a padded overall to keep you nice and toasty as well as safe with a life jacket.
Don’t hesitate to book this wonderful tour into the beautiful Greenlandic nature and secure your dinner for that evening! Select your preferred departure and click Book Now to reserve your place.
- Sea angling gear
- Warm outerwear
- Life jacket
- Coffee or Tea
- Pick-up & Drop-off if needed
What to bring
- Layered clothing. Ideally, you should pack a thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket), and outer layer of windproof clothing (top and bottom). You may not need all of this on any particular day, but you should have it available. You should always bring a windproof jacket, regardless of the weather.
- Warm hat, gloves, buff or scarf, gloves
- Sturdy shoes (e.g. hiking boots)
- Sunglasses, sunscreen & sun hat (depending on weather) Day Pack
- Camera with extra batteries
- Day pack
- Water bottle
- This is an open boat, which offers excellent 360 degrees views, but can be a bit chilly. The outerwear that we provide will do the most, but it can be a good idea to wear warm shoes and bring gloves and a beanie.
- If you would like to go at a different hour, maybe in the evening, just send us a message, and we can arrange it so.
- In order to catch snow crabs, I set up a crab net the day before, which we will pull up on your fishing trip, hopefully with a catch!
- We have a maximum capacity of 4 passengers.
Terms of service
Our customers are the foundation of Guide to Greenland so we make great efforts to provide you with the best possible service.
We are located in Greenland and cooperate with everyone involved in the Greenlandic tourism industry. We are therefore perfectly placed to quickly react to changes or new wishes you may have to ensure you have the trip of a lifetime.
The earlier you book your trip, the better the prices will be, and the more likely you will be able to book the tour you want for the dates/times you want.
Package tours can be sold out more than half a year in advance (note that Guide to Greenland does not include international flights in packages, except where indicated from Iceland or Denmark). Day trips may sell out closer to your arrival date, but for popular destinations, certain dates/times can also sell out months in advance. We recommend that you secure all of your experiences by booking them well in advance of your trip.
All cancellations must be made via e-mail.
Although Guide to Greenland is committed to ensuring the best protection and service for our customers in the event of a cancellation, we are obliged to charge cancellation fees. This is in accordance with Greenland travel industry business practices. Details can be found in our general cancellation policy
Note: Due to COVID-19, a temporary cancellation policy applies. You can find it in the footer of the website under the "Terms & Conditions".
3 500 DKK
5-Days Above The Arctic Circle | Sisimiut | West GreenlandFrom 9 461 DKK
Assaqutaq Trail Transfer | SisimiutFrom 650 DKK
Best of winter in Greenland | 5 Days in Sisimiut, West GreenlandFrom 6 211 DKK
Day TourGroup Pricing
Cod Fishing & Snow Crabs | SisimiutFrom 3 500 DKK