Cod Fishing & Snow Crabs | Sisimiut
Come aboard this traditional hunter and fisherman's boat to catch gigantic Codfish and hopefully get some snow crabs in the net!
This tour is perfect for those who wants to try fishing in Greenland, and we can almost guarantee you’ll catch something! And if you wish you can bring all of your catches straight home to cook for dinner.
On the way out to the captain's favorite fishing spots, we have a good chance of spotting seals and possibly even whales! Humpback whales are common visitors between May and July.
We will fish with a method known as sea angling, it’s super easy and anyone can try! This also means we might be able to catch more than one fish in a single line! A thrilling experience!
The boat is open, but we provide you with a padded overall to keep you nice and toasty as well as safe with a life jacket.
Don’t hesitate to book this wonderful tour into the beautiful Greenlandic nature and secure your dinner for that evening! Select your preferred departure and click Book Now to reserve your place.
- Sea angling gear
- Warm outerwear
- Life jacket
- Coffee or Tea
- Pick-up & Drop-off if needed
What to bring
- Layered clothing. Ideally, you should pack a thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket), and outer layer of windproof clothing (top and bottom). You may not need all of this on any particular day, but you should have it available. You should always bring a windproof jacket, regardless of the weather.
- Warm hat, gloves, buff or scarf, gloves
- Sturdy shoes (e.g. hiking boots)
- Sunglasses, sunscreen & sun hat (depending on weather) Day Pack
- Camera with extra batteries
- Day pack
- Water bottle
- This is an open boat, which offers excellent 360 degrees views, but can be a bit chilly. The outerwear that we provide will do the most, but it can be a good idea to wear warm shoes and bring gloves and a beanie.
- If you would like to go at a different hour, maybe in the evening, just send us a message, and we can arrange it so.
- In order to catch snow crabs, I set up a crab net the day before, which we will pull up on your fishing trip, hopefully with a catch!
- We have a maximum capacity of 4 passengers.
3 500 DKK
5-Days Above The Arctic Circle | Sisimiut | West GreenlandFrom 9 461 DKK
Assaqutaq Trail Transfer | SisimiutFrom 600 DKK
Best of winter in Greenland | 5 Days in Sisimiut, West GreenlandFrom 6 211 DKK
Day TourGroup Pricing
Cod Fishing & Snow Crabs | SisimiutFrom 3 500 DKK