Full Day Snowshoe Adventure | Nuuk
Want an extended snowshoe hike that will give you a real workout? Head out to a little-visited but stunning viewpoint on this full-day excursion near Nuuk.
Most snowshoeing adventures around Nuuk take place on Quassussuaq, otherwise known as Lille Malene. This one is different and takes you further afield to an amazing viewpoint known to the locals only as “The View”.
It is a steady incline the whole way, and you must be prepared to exert some energy! But with every step, the vistas become more and more incredible, distracting you from the hard work you are putting in. Your experienced wilderness guide will keep an eye out for arctic wildlife and explain the features of the landscape as you hike, and there will be plenty of opportunities to rest and take photos along the way.
The climb finishes at a sheer drop that plunges 760m back down to the fjord. It is a thrilling place to stand with beautiful 360 degrees views over the mountains and the Nuuk Fjord system. There you will build a bench in the show so that you can sit and enjoy the view while sipping hot coffee or tea and indulging in some Greenlandic delicacies.
Gather your energy for this epic snowshoe day trip and reserve your place now by selecting the date and clicking on Book Now.
- Experienced Guide
- Trekking poles
- Coffee and Tea
- Personal insurance
What to bring
- Fill your water bottle with warm water so that it won't freeze during the tour.
- Bring a sandwich and/or snacks for yourself to keep your energy up.
- Warm winter wear. Ideally, you should dress in layers: at least one thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), and insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket). The outer layer must be proper winter gear which typically has lots of insulation and is windproof. Think ski jacket and pants if you come from a warmer climate.
- A warm hat, thick windproof gloves, buff or scarf
- Insulated winter boots
- Sunglasses and sunscreen - snow is very bright and even the winter sun can cause sunburn
- Camera with extra batteries (the cold drains the batteries faster)
- Day pack
This tour is more strenuous than most and you should be used to hiking for several hours at least. The minimum number of people to run this tour is 2 people and the maximum number of participants is 6 people.
3 700 DKK