Helicopter tour to the icefjord | Nuuk
Expose yourself to the beauty of Nuuk Icefjord and the Narsap Sermia Glacier, by joining this 2-hour helicopter flightseeing! Surprise your significant other, family, or friends with a unique experience by booking a private helicopter trip with breathtaking views!
Your journey begins at Nuuk Airport, where you will climb aboard this fantastic helicopter flightseeing tour. After a short briefing, you will put on your headset in the AS-350 helicopter, and venture above the clouds.
To ensure you and your co-travelers the most beautiful experience, we will be flying above Nuuk fjord, the world's second-largest fjord system. You will be enjoying a birds-eye view of the spectacular fjord landscapes of mountains, waterfalls and rugged tundra fields.
Upon arrival at Nuuk Icefjord, we will fly above the countless icebergs and along the 50-meter tall glacier wall of the Narsap Sermia Glacier. The awesomeness of these impressive views will help you understand the grandeur of the Greenlandic wilderness.
The helicopter will land on the right side of the glacier on a plateau, from where you can enjoy an amazing overview of the glacier moraine, glacial wall, and Nuuk Icefjord. If you are lucky, you can experience the glacier calve. It is quite common that this natural phenomenon occurs. It is dramatic, but a fantastic experience.
We will spend 1 hour on the ground enjoying breathtaking views, before heading back to Nuuk. Following your time at the glacier, we will fly above the fjords last inhabited settlement, Kapisillit, and pass the iconic Sermitsiaq mountain.
Witness the wonders of the Arctic by booking this private charter tour. Check the booking availability by pressing 'Book Now' above.
- 2 hour tour (60-70 min flight time)
- Approx. 40 minutes ground stop on land next to Narsap Sermia Glacier
What to bring
- Layered clothing. Ideally, you should pack a thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket), and outer layer of windproof clothing (top and bottom). You may not need all of this on any particular day, but you should have it available. You should always bring a windproof jacket, regardless of the weather.
- Coffée, Champagne or whatever you fancy
- Sunglasses, sunscreen & sun hat (depending on weather)
- Water bottle
- Discount will be applied after you choose the date and press "Book now".
- The tour is not confirmed upon booking. The helicopters are used for life-threatening situations, search and rescues, and evacuations, and therefore your tour can be moved or cancelled.
Our customers are the foundation of Guide to Greenland so we make great efforts to provide you with the best possible service.
We are located in Greenland and cooperate with everyone involved in the Greenlandic tourism industry. We are therefore perfectly placed to quickly react to changes or new wishes you may have to ensure you have the trip of a lifetime.
The earlier you book your trip, the better the prices will be, and the more likely you will be able to book the tour you want for the dates/times you want.
Package tours can be sold out more than half a year in advance (note that Guide to Greenland does not include international flights in packages, except where indicated from Iceland or Denmark). Day trips may sell out closer to your arrival date, but for popular destinations, certain dates/times can also sell out months in advance. We recommend that you secure all of your experiences by booking them well in advance of your trip.
All cancellations must be made via e-mail.
Although Guide to Greenland is committed to ensuring the best protection and service for our customers in the event of a cancellation, we are obliged to charge cancellation fees. This is in accordance with Greenland travel industry business practices. Details can be found in our general cancellation policy
Note: Due to COVID-19, a temporary cancellation policy applies. You can find it in the footer of the website under the “Terms & Conditions”.