Catch'n'Eat | Qooqqut Nuan| Nuuk
Catch your own dinner and have it prepared by top-quality chefs deep in the Nuuk Fjord on this getaway to Qooqqut.
Fishing is the biggest industry in Greenland and a very popular casual activity amongst Greenlanders. So why not do as the locals do and fish for your dinner as you explore the Nuuk Fjord.
Our journey will take us past the iconic Sermitsiaq mountain as we head further into the world’s second-largest fjord system. Along the way, we will stop at our favorite fishing spots to try our hand at catching our dinner. Usually, it is pretty easy to catch cod and redfish, so don’t worry - you won’t go home hungry! Our captain is also on hand to give assistance, so even if you’ve never fished before, you are still likely to land something.
Once we’ve caught our fish, we will continue our relaxed sail and dock in the former settlement of Qooqqut. Now a summer vacation area for locals, this tiny village is home to “Qooqqut Nuan” - a 4-star restaurant and where we will deliver our fishy haul.
Here you can choose to be involved in the process of cleaning, filleting, and cooking the fish. Or leave it in the hands of the professional chefs and head out to explore Qooqqut. The area has a fascinating geology and is rich with Greenlandic herbs such as angelica, arctic thyme, and berries. There are also ancient ruins of the Thule Inuit and Norse settlers in the area.
Once our food is prepared, we will dine in style at the restaurant with an incredible view of the mountains and the fjord. Then, bellies full, we sail back to Nuuk.
Reserve your place on this scenic fishing and culinary adventure in the Nuuk Fjord by selecting your date of travel and clicking Book Now.
- The tour is on a closed boat with a heated cabin, restroom, and safety equipment
- All fishing equipment
- Tea & coffee
- Dinner at the restaurant, using the fish we catch
Please note departure time vary from 09:00, 15:00, and 15:30.
- Snacks will not be served onboard this tour
What to bring
- Layered clothing. Ideally, you should pack a thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket), and outer layer of windproof clothing (top and bottom). You may not need all of this on any particular day, but you should have it available. You should always bring a windproof jacket, regardless of the weather.
- Warm hat, gloves, buff or scarf
- Sunglasses, sunscreen & sun hat (depending on weather)
- Camera and spare batteries
- Drinking water
- Optional: binoculars
- Although this adventure takes place on a closed boat, you will be spending time out on the decks to fish and for the best views of the fjord. Make sure you dress appropriately and, regardless of the weather, it is always a good idea to bring a windproof jacket and gloves.
- This tour has a minimum requirement of 2 passengers. If we do not reach this number of people on the day of your tour, we will cancel the tour and refund the paid price.
Our customers are the foundation of Guide to Greenland so we make great efforts to provide you with the best possible service.
We are located in Greenland and cooperate with everyone involved in the Greenlandic tourism industry. We are therefore perfectly placed to quickly react to changes or new wishes you may have to ensure you have the trip of a lifetime.
The earlier you book your trip, the better the prices will be, and the more likely you will be able to book the tour you want for the dates/times you want.
Package tours can be sold out more than half a year in advance (note that Guide to Greenland does not include international flights in packages, except where indicated from Iceland or Denmark). Day trips may sell out closer to your arrival date, but for popular destinations, certain dates/times can also sell out months in advance. We recommend that you secure all of your experiences by booking them well in advance of your trip.
All cancellations must be made via e-mail.
Although Guide to Greenland is committed to ensuring the best protection and service for our customers in the event of a cancellation, we are obliged to charge cancellation fees. This is in accordance with Greenland travel industry business practices. Details can be found in our general cancellation policy
Note: Due to COVID-19, a temporary cancellation policy applies. You can find it in the footer of the website under the “Terms & Conditions”.
1 495 DKK