Hike to the Cirkus lake | Nuuk
Ups! Seems like this tour is not running - you can find other hikes in Nuuk here!
Tie your hiking boots and come along, this beautiful hike to Lake Circus! This 2-hour hiking tour is an introduction to the Greenlandic Nature and what it has to offer. With this tour, you can choose between hiking around the lake, or exploring the Greenlandic fauna on a large plateau of Arctic tundra.
Your tour starts with pickup at Hotel Hans Egede. By car, we head out of Nuuk to Qinngorput. From Qinngorput, the new part of town, we will walk up to the plateau near “Store Malene” and enjoy the amazing views over Nuuk City, Cook Islands and the Davis Strait. This is just an appetizer of the next two hours!
As we ascend towards the plateau, we will be walking on an uneven, rocky path, following a large river. The river branches in all directions, and surrounding it are luscious green tundra and mountainsides. When we have reached the plateau, we cross the river and follow a dirt road, that will takes us through the mountainy landscape and all around the lake. We can also take time to study Greenlandic flora and geology.
While hiking around the lake, we will pass by the numerous rivers and a stunning waterfall. The lake is circumscribed by mountainsides, resembling an asteroid crater, a quite unique sight. During the summer it will be possible to pick berries, mushrooms and other Greenlandic provisions, your guide will tell you everything about Greenlandic flora and fauna. We will offer you Greenlandic snacks and a cup of tea or coffee.
This tour is suitable for families with children.
Reserve your place on this beautiful and easy hike to get familiar with the Greenlandic nature sceneries, flora and fauna by selecting your date of departure and clicking on Book Now.
- Educated & experienced guide
- Greenlandic snacks | ammassat | 'skibkiks'
- Tea & coffee
What to bring
- Layered clothing. Ideally, you should pack a thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket), and outer layer of windproof clothing (top and bottom). You may not need all of this on any particular day, but you should have it available. You should always bring a windproof jacket, regardless of the weather.
- Warm hat, gloves, buff or scarf, gloves
- Sturdy shoes (e.g. hiking boots)
- Sunglasses, sunscreen & sun hat (depending on weather) Day Pack
- Camera with extra batteries
- Day pack
- Water bottle
- Be hydrated and make sure you have been eating through the day.
- It can be cold and wet. So bring clothes that's suits the weather. Use layer on layer technic always works. Wool is better than cotton.
- Please note, that this tour has a minimum requirement of 2 pax. If this requirement is not attained, the tour will be cancelled or departure can be altered.
Our customers are the foundation of Guide to Greenland so we make great efforts to provide you with the best possible service.
We are located in Greenland and cooperate with everyone involved in the Greenlandic tourism industry. We are therefore perfectly placed to quickly react to changes or new wishes you may have to ensure you have the trip of a lifetime.
The earlier you book your trip, the better the prices will be, and the more likely you will be able to book the tour you want for the dates/times you want.
Package tours can be sold out more than half a year in advance (note that Guide to Greenland does not include international flights in packages, except where indicated from Iceland or Denmark). Day trips may sell out closer to your arrival date, but for popular destinations, certain dates/times can also sell out months in advance. We recommend that you secure all of your experiences by booking them well in advance of your trip.
All cancellations must be made via e-mail.
Although Guide to Greenland is committed to ensuring the best protection and service for our customers in the event of a cancellation, we are obliged to charge cancellation fees. This is in accordance with Greenland travel industry business practices. Details can be found in our general cancellation policy
Note: Due to COVID-19, a temporary cancellation policy applies. You can find it in the footer of the website under the “Terms & Conditions”.