ISUA Glacier Adventure By Helicopter | Ilulissat | Disko Bay
Hop aboard this helicopter tour and visit the heart of the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Ilulissat, the Greenland Ice Sheet, from where the countless icebergs of Ilulissat Ice-fjord originate from! This 2-hour tour allows you to stand with both feet on the Greenland Ice Sheet, which is only accessible by helicopter.
You will meet us at Kussangajaannguaq 7 for a short presentation of the tour’s highlights. Next up you will be transferred to Ilulissat Airport, and upon arrival, you will be welcomed by your experienced Air Greenland Pilot. You will be seated in the helicopter, Bell 212, before take-off!
You will be visiting the Sermeq Kujalleq glacier, a glacier branch of the Greenland Ice Sheet. Did you know that the glacier is the most productive glacier in the northern hemisphere? The glacier is seven kilometers wide and more than one kilometer steep. It moves around 50 meters everyday and produces 43 million tons of ice daily. This truly makes you experience the amazing force of the nature!
En route to the glacier, the pilot will fly as low as safety allows, so you can witness the beautiful contrast between the white ice and the surrounding mountain landscape, the many meltwater lakes and rivers. The helicopter will be landing on a mountain plateau next to the icecap, where we will be staying for 30 minutes. During these 30 minutes, you can enjoy the pristine landscape and sense the infinite size of the Ice Cap, there will also be time for you to put both your feet on the ice.
Returning to Ilulissat, we will fly over the glacier edge and follow the 70 kilometres long Ilulissat Icefjord back to town.Reserve your place by selecting your preferred departure date and clicking Book Now.
UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Transfer between meeting point and airport
- Helicopter landing
What to bring
- Layered clothing. Ideally, you should pack a thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket), and outer layer of windproof clothing (top and bottom). You may not need all of this on any particular day, but you should have it available. You should always bring a windproof jacket, regardless of the weather.
- Warm hat, gloves, buff or scarf
- Sturdy shoes (e.g. hiking boots)
- Sunglasses, sunscreen & sun hat (depending on weather)
- Camera with extra batteries
The tour typically takes place in the helicopter Bell 212. The helicopter can hold up to 11 passengers.
- The minimum requirement for this tour is 7 passengers.
- There can be a change of helicopter
- The price for the helicopter varies, depending on the season. The price for the tour, from mid-September to April is 4695 DKK per person. Minimum requirement during this period is 4 passengers.
Terms of service
Our customers are the foundation of Guide to Greenland so we make great efforts to provide you with the best possible service.
We are located in Greenland and cooperate with everyone involved in the Greenlandic tourism industry. We are therefore perfectly placed to quickly react to changes or new wishes you may have to ensure you have the trip of a lifetime.
The earlier you book your trip, the better the prices will be, and the more likely you will be able to book the tour you want for the dates/times you want.
Package tours can be sold out more than half a year in advance (note that Guide to Greenland does not include international flights in packages, except where indicated from Iceland or Denmark). Day trips may sell out closer to your arrival date, but for popular destinations, certain dates/times can also sell out months in advance. We recommend that you secure all of your experiences by booking them well in advance of your trip.
All cancellations must be made via e-mail.
Although Guide to Greenland is committed to ensuring the best protection and service for our customers in the event of a cancellation, we are obliged to charge cancellation fees. This is in accordance with Greenland travel industry business practices. Details can be found in our general cancellation policy
Note: Due to COVID-19, a temporary cancellation policy applies. You can find it in the footer of the website under the "Terms & Conditions".
3 995 DKK