ISUA Glacier Adventure By Helicopter | Ilulissat | Disko Bay
Hop aboard this helicopter tour and visit the heart of the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Ilulissat, the Greenland Ice Sheet, from where the countless icebergs of Ilulissat Ice-fjord originate from! This 2-hour tour allows you to stand with both feet on the Greenland Ice Sheet, which is only accessible by helicopter.
You will meet us at Kussangajaannguaq 7 for a short presentation of the tour’s highlights. Next up you will be transferred to Ilulissat Airport, and upon arrival, you will be welcomed by your experienced Air Greenland Pilot. You will be seated in the helicopter, Bell 212, before take-off!
You will be visiting the Sermeq Kujalleq glacier, a glacier branch of the Greenland Ice Sheet. Did you know that the glacier is the most productive glacier in the northern hemisphere? The glacier is seven kilometers wide and more than one kilometer steep. It moves around 50 meters everyday and produces 43 million tons of ice daily. This truly makes you experience the amazing force of the nature!
En route to the glacier, the pilot will fly as low as safety allows, so you can witness the beautiful contrast between the white ice and the surrounding mountain landscape, the many meltwater lakes and rivers. The helicopter will be landing on a mountain plateau next to the icecap, where we will be staying for 30 minutes. During these 30 minutes, you can enjoy the pristine landscape and sense the infinite size of the Ice Cap, there will also be time for you to put both your feet on the ice.
Returning to Ilulissat, we will fly over the glacier edge and follow the 70 kilometres long Ilulissat Icefjord back to town.Reserve your place by selecting your preferred departure date and clicking Book Now.
UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Transfer between meeting point and airport
- Helicopter landing
What to bring
- Layered clothing. Ideally, you should pack a thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket), and outer layer of windproof clothing (top and bottom). You may not need all of this on any particular day, but you should have it available. You should always bring a windproof jacket, regardless of the weather.
- Warm hat, gloves, buff or scarf
- Sturdy shoes (e.g. hiking boots)
- Sunglasses, sunscreen & sun hat (depending on weather)
- Camera with extra batteries
The tour typically takes place in the helicopter Bell 212. The helicopter can hold up to 11 passengers.
- The minimum requirement for this tour is 7 passengers.
- There can be a change of helicopter
- The price for the helicopter varies, depending on the season. The price for the tour, from mid-September to April is 4695 DKK per person. Minimum requirement during this period is 4 passengers.
3 995 DKK
2 Day Hiking and Kayaking Adventure | Ilulissat | Disko BayFrom 4 950 DKK
2 Hours of Dogsledding | IlulissatFrom 1 495 DKK
Vacation PackageIncluding flights from Iceland
3 days Ilulissat Adventure | Ilulissat | Disko BayFrom 21 500 DKK
Vacation PackageBook now
5 Day Ilulissat Explorer | Disko BayFrom 25 000 DKK