Kayaking the Ilulissat Icefjord | Ilulissat | Disko Bay
Gain a waterline perspective of the enormous size of the icebergs in the World Heritage Listed Ilulissat Icefjord on this unforgettable kayaking tour. No prior experience necessary.
Perspective is everything in judging how big something is. And the best way to get a feel for just how big Greenland’s icebergs are is by looking up at them from the waterline. Even better to do so using the traditional method of transportation of the Inuit - the kayak.
After donning drysuits, and some kayaking and safety instructions from our fully accredited kayak guide, we will paddle along the coastline of Ilulissat towards the Icefjord. We will stay together and maintain a safe distance from the towers of ice to explore this floating labyrinthine landscape. Remember, chunks of ice can break off unexpectedly, and safety is always first.
There will be plenty of time to take a break from the paddles, take photos, and simply sit back and enjoy the views during our minimum of 2 hours on the water. We may even be lucky and have some whales visit us!
Reserve your place on this spectacular exploration of the Icefjord by selecting your date of travel and clicking on Book Now.
Kayaking & SUP
- Internationally accredited kayak Instructor
- All kayaking equipment, including drysuit and other outer wear
- Safety and kayaking instructions before the tour
- A minimum of 2 hours on the water
What to bring
- Layered clothing. Ideally, you should pack a thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket), and outer layer of windproof clothing (top and bottom). You may not need all of this on any particular day, but you should have it available. You should always bring a windproof jacket, regardless of the weather.
- Warm hat, gloves, buff or scarf
- Sunglasses, sunscreen & sun hat (depending on weather)
- Camera. Make sure it is contained in a waterproof case. Electronics do not like water, especially salt water!
- Water bottle
- Minimum height requirement = 150cm
- No previous kayaking experience is necessary
- All kayaks are double kayaks, which are very stable in the water. It is not possible to request a single kayak. If you are traveling alone, you will be paired up with another person.
- If you suffer from serious back or shoulder pain, you should not book this tour.
1 350 DKK
2 Day Hiking and Kayaking Adventure | Ilulissat | Disko BayFrom 4 950 DKK
2 Hours of Dogsledding | IlulissatFrom 1 495 DKK
Vacation PackageIncluding flights from Iceland
3 days Ilulissat Adventure | Ilulissat | Disko BayFrom 21 500 DKK
Vacation PackageBook now
5 Day Ilulissat Explorer | Disko BayFrom 25 600 DKK