Private sea safari in open boat | Sisimiut
Embark on a lovely safari with a local hunter and expert wildlife finder, with 35 years of experience, and look for seals and whales in the Arctic sea just beyond Sisimiut. When everyone has put on their overalls and life jackets, we’ll be ready to head out to try and spot some of the giants of the sea.
The two most common cetaceans are humpbacks and fin whales. Humpbacks are playful and will often show their tails with white patterns as they dive deep into the cold water. The patterns are just as unique as fingerprints so scientists use them to identify the individuals, and by doing so, hopefully, learn more about their mysterious lives.
The fin whale is much bigger, in fact, it’s the second-largest species, but it’s also much shy, and will often only show it’s long back and fin before it dives again.
Among the many seals in the area, we can be lucky enough to spot some Greenland seals, ringed seals or spotted seals.
Don’t miss your opportunity to explore the Arctic waters and a unique landscape from the sea, go ahead and book your tour today!
- 2 hours private Whale safari
- Coffee & Tea
- Warm overall
- Life jacket
- Pick-up and Drop-off
What to bring
- Layered clothing. Ideally, you should pack a thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket), and outer layer of windproof clothing (top and bottom). You may not need all of this on any particular day, but you should have it available. You should always bring a windproof jacket, regardless of the weather.
- Warm hat, gloves, buff or scarf, gloves
- Sturdy shoes (e.g. hiking boots)
- Sunglasses, sunscreen & sun hat (depending on weather)
- Water Bottle
- The captain will do his very best to find some animals(and he is very good at it) but as with most things in nature, we cannot guarantee to see whales. The captain highly recommends going this early as the wildlife is at its most active in the early hours, but if you would like to go at a different time later in the day, please send us a message and we'll see if we can make it happen.
- This is an open boat, which offers excellent 360 degrees views, but can be a bit chilly. The outerwear that we provide will do the most, but it can be a good idea to wear warm shoes and bring gloves and hat.
2 500 DKK
5-Days Above The Arctic Circle | Sisimiut | West GreenlandFrom 9 461 DKK
Assaqutaq Trail Transfer | SisimiutFrom 650 DKK
Best of winter in Greenland | 5 Days in Sisimiut, West GreenlandFrom 6 211 DKK
Day TourGroup Pricing
Cod Fishing & Snow Crabs | SisimiutFrom 3 500 DKK