UNESCO Classic Cruise | Sisimiut
Explore the UNESCO World Heritage, Nipisat Island, on this 4-hour boat trip!
Nipisat is a small island South of Sisimiut and part of the Aasivissuit – Nipisat UNESCO World Heritage area that stretches from the Ice Sheet to the sea.
On this excursion, we will sail to Nipisat Island to learn more about both the ancient and more recent history of the Arctic Circle Region. From the vast reindeer hunting areas used by the Inuit during the past 4,500 years to the Dutch and Danish/Norwegian whalers in more recent times, we will talk about the full history of the area and visit one of the biggest ruins from earlier times.
Along the way, we will keep a keen eye out for wildlife such as whales, seals and all manner of sea birds, and enjoy a packed lunch either on the island or on the boat, depending on the weather.
Reserve your place by selecting your date of travel and click on Book Now.
- 3 hours sailing & hiking tour
- Local Guide
- Packed lunch
What to bring
- Layered clothing. Ideally, you should pack a thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket), and outer layer of windproof clothing (top and bottom). You may not need all of this on any particular day, but you should have it available. You should always bring a windproof jacket, regardless of the weather.
- Good hiking shoes
- Mosquito repellent and insect head net
- Sunglasses, sunscreen & sun hat / Warm hat, gloves, buff or scarf (depending on weather)
- Water Bottle & snacks
- This trip is dependent on the weather and the departure time may need to be changed to suit.
- This tour has a minimum requirement of 4 people.
Terms of service
Our customers are the foundation of Guide to Greenland so we make great efforts to provide you with the best possible service.
We are located in Greenland and cooperate with everyone involved in the Greenlandic tourism industry. We are therefore perfectly placed to quickly react to changes or new wishes you may have to ensure you have the trip of a lifetime.
The earlier you book your trip, the better the prices will be, and the more likely you will be able to book the tour you want for the dates/times you want.
Package tours can be sold out more than half a year in advance (note that Guide to Greenland does not include international flights in packages, except where indicated from Iceland or Denmark). Day trips may sell out closer to your arrival date, but for popular destinations, certain dates/times can also sell out months in advance. We recommend that you secure all of your experiences by booking them well in advance of your trip.
All cancellations must be made via e-mail.
Although Guide to Greenland is committed to ensuring the best protection and service for our customers in the event of a cancellation, we are obliged to charge cancellation fees. This is in accordance with Greenland travel industry business practices. Details can be found in our general cancellation policy
Note: Due to COVID-19, a temporary cancellation policy applies. You can find it in the footer of the website under the "Terms & Conditions".
1 500 DKK