UNESCO Classic Cruise | Sisimiut
Nipisat is a small island just South of Sisimiut and part of the Aasivissuit – Nipisat UNESCO World Heritage area that stretches from the Ice Sheet to the sea.
On this excursion, we will sail to Nipisat Island to learn more about both the ancient and more recent history of the Arctic Circle Region. From the vast reindeer hunting areas used by the Inuit during the past 4,500 years to the Dutch and Danish/Norwegian whalers in more recent times, we will talk about the full history of the area and visit one of the biggest ruins from earlier times.
Along the way, we will keep a keen eye out for wildlife such as whales, seals and all manner of sea birds, and enjoy a packed lunch either on the island or on the boat, depending on the weather.
Reserve your place by selecting your date of travel and click on Book Now.
- 3 hours sailing & hiking tour
- Local Guide
- Packed lunch
What to bring
- Layered clothing. Ideally, you should pack a thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket), and outer layer of windproof clothing (top and bottom). You may not need all of this on any particular day, but you should have it available. You should always bring a windproof jacket, regardless of the weather.
- Good hiking shoes
- Mosquito repellent and insect head net
- Sunglasses, sunscreen & sun hat / Warm hat, gloves, buff or scarf (depending on weather)
- Water Bottle & snacks
- This trip is dependent on the weather and the departure time may need to be changed to suit.
1 500 DKK
5-Days Above The Arctic Circle | Sisimiut | West GreenlandFrom 9 461 DKK
Assaqutaq Trail Transfer | SisimiutFrom 600 DKK
Best of winter in Greenland | 5 Days in Sisimiut, West GreenlandFrom 6 211 DKK
Day TourGroup Pricing
Cod Fishing & Snow Crabs | SisimiutFrom 3 500 DKK