Snowmobile & Snowshoe adventure | Ilulissat | Disko Bay
Learn how to drive your own snowmobile and hike with snowshoes as you explore some of the little-visited backcountry around Ilulissat.
Our experienced guide will introduce you to your machine, walk you through all the safety instructions, and set an appropriate pace as you head off across the Arctic tundra towards a small hunter’s hut on this half-day trip.
It will take us about 1.5 hours to reach the hut as we follow the dogsledding route used by locals to go ice fishing on the frozen fjord. This gives us plenty of time for several photo stops and to enjoy the thrill of this modern form of Winter transportation.
We will leave the snowmobiles at the hut and continue our journey into the UNESCO area by snowshoe (snowmobiles are not allowed). The exact itinerary will depend on the weather and fitness of the group, but the hike will last for around 1 hour.
After a shared lunch back at the hut, we will once again mount our snowmobiles for the return journey to Ilulissat following the same route.
Book your snowmobile and snowshoeing adventure from Ilulissat by selecting your date of travel and clicking on Book now.
- 4 hours guided trip
- Introduction to snowmobiling and snowshoeing
- Warm outer jacket and pants, suitable for snowmobiling
- Snowmobile & helmet
- Snowshoes & poles
- Gloves & Insulated Boots
- Hot drinks & lunch
What to bring
- Valid drivers license for car or motorcycle (Minors under 18 cannot drive the snowmobile but may sit behind a parent on the snowmobile.)
- Warm clothing to go under the outer jacket and pants
- A warm hat, thick windproof gloves, buff or scarf
- Sunglasses and sunscreen - snow is very bright and even the winter sun can cause sunburn
- Camera with extra batteries (the cold drains the batteries faster)
- Snacks & water
- Day pack
- PLEASE NOTE: Driving participants must hold a valid drivers license for car or motorcycle. Minors under 18 cannot drive the snowmobile but may sit behind a parent on the snowmobile.
- No previous experience is necessary. You will be accompanied by a guide that will help you through the whole process.
- If you have any back problems or physical pain, we do not recommend riding a snowmobile. Please let us know in advance if you have diabetes or cardio problems.
2 195 DKK
2 Day Hiking and Kayaking Adventure | Ilulissat | Disko BayFrom 4 950 DKK
2 Hours of Dogsledding | IlulissatFrom 1 495 DKK
Vacation PackageIncluding flights from Iceland
3 days Ilulissat Adventure | Ilulissat | Disko BayFrom 21 500 DKK
Vacation PackageBook now
5 Day Ilulissat Explorer | Disko BayFrom 25 000 DKK