Snowmobile & Snowshoe adventure | Ilulissat | Disko Bay
Learn how to drive your own snowmobile and hike with snowshoes as you explore some of the little-visited backcountry around Ilulissat.
Our experienced guide will introduce you to your machine, walk you through all the safety instructions, and set an appropriate pace as you head off across the Arctic tundra towards a small hunter’s hut on this half-day trip.
It will take us about 1.5 hours to reach the hut as we follow the dogsledding route used by locals to go ice fishing on the frozen fjord. This gives us plenty of time for several photo stops and to enjoy the thrill of this modern form of Winter transportation.
We will leave the snowmobiles at the hut and continue our journey into the UNESCO area by snowshoe (snowmobiles are not allowed). The exact itinerary will depend on the weather and fitness of the group, but the hike will last for around 1 hour.
After a shared lunch back at the hut, we will once again mount our snowmobiles for the return journey to Ilulissat following the same route.
Book your snowmobile and snowshoeing adventure from Ilulissat by selecting your date of travel and clicking on Book now.
- 4 hours guided trip
- Introduction to snowmobiling and snowshoeing
- Warm outer jacket and pants, suitable for snowmobiling
- Snowmobile & helmet
- Snowshoes & poles
- Gloves & Insulated Boots
- Hot drinks & lunch
What to bring
- Valid drivers license for car or motorcycle (Minors under 18 cannot drive the snowmobile but may sit behind a parent on the snowmobile.)
- Warm clothing to go under the outer jacket and pants
- A warm hat, thick windproof gloves, buff or scarf
- Sunglasses and sunscreen - snow is very bright and even the winter sun can cause sunburn
- Camera with extra batteries (the cold drains the batteries faster)
- Snacks & water
- Day pack
- PLEASE NOTE: Driving participants must hold a valid drivers license for car or motorcycle. Minors under 18 cannot drive the snowmobile but may sit behind a parent on the snowmobile.
- No previous experience is necessary. You will be accompanied by a guide that will help you through the whole process.
- If you have any back problems or physical pain, we do not recommend riding a snowmobile. Please let us know in advance if you have diabetes or cardio problems.
Our customers are the foundation of Guide to Greenland so we make great efforts to provide you with the best possible service.
We are located in Greenland and cooperate with everyone involved in the Greenlandic tourism industry. We are therefore perfectly placed to quickly react to changes or new wishes you may have to ensure you have the trip of a lifetime.
The earlier you book your trip, the better the prices will be, and the more likely you will be able to book the tour you want for the dates/times you want.
Package tours can be sold out more than half a year in advance (note that Guide to Greenland does not include international flights in packages, except where indicated from Iceland or Denmark). Day trips may sell out closer to your arrival date, but for popular destinations, certain dates/times can also sell out months in advance. We recommend that you secure all of your experiences by booking them well in advance of your trip.
All cancellations must be made via e-mail.
Although Guide to Greenland is committed to ensuring the best protection and service for our customers in the event of a cancellation, we are obliged to charge cancellation fees. This is in accordance with Greenland travel industry business practices. Details can be found in our general cancellation policy
Note: Due to COVID-19, a temporary cancellation policy applies. You can find it in the footer of the website under the “Terms & Conditions”.
2 195 DKK