Witness the epic Eqi Glacier by boat | Ilulissat
Embark on a boat trip that encompasses it all! Icebergs, a chance of whales, a quick look at a tiny village as we whizz by on our way to the highly active Eqi glacier.
The glacier itself is about 80 km north of Ilulissat, a good 2-3 hour boat tour with a guarantee of icebergs on the way and if we're lucky we might spot a couple of humpback whales.
We will try and get as close to the glacier as the icebergs will let us whilst still keeping a safe distance from what’s most likely the most active glacier in Greenland, often calving several times within an hour.
When we reach our destination we’ll cut off the engine and serve lunch consisting of a delicious sandwich, so you can enjoy your mail to the sound of the occasional calving of icebergs.
We’ll sit here for about an hour before we head back home to Ilulissat. This is the perfect tour for those looking to see as much as possible on a single day tour.
So go ahead and book your seat today!
- 6 hours sailing tour to the glacier
- Coffee & Tea
- Sandwich (Please let us know if you're a Vegetarian or Vegan)
What to bring
- Layered clothing. Ideally, you should pack a thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket), and outer layer of windproof clothing (top and bottom). You may not need all of this on any particular day, but you should have it available. You should always bring a windproof jacket, regardless of the weather.
- Warm hat, gloves, buff or scarf, gloves
- Sunglasses, sunscreen & sun hat (depending on weather)
- Water bottle & Snacks
|Ice conditions near the glacier wall decides how close we can come to the glacier wall. Boat is a small dinghy with a closed cabin in the middle with room for approx. 5 passengers If you are a bigger group we can go on a larger Targa 37, but we need a minimum of 10 passengers.|
2 185 DKK
2 Day Hiking and Kayaking Adventure | Ilulissat | Disko BayFrom 4 950 DKK
2 Hours of Dogsledding | IlulissatFrom 1 495 DKK
Vacation PackageIncluding flights from Iceland
3 days Ilulissat Adventure | Ilulissat | Disko BayFrom 21 500 DKK
Vacation PackageBook now
5 Day Ilulissat Explorer | Disko BayFrom 25 000 DKK