Snowshoe Hike Express To Ilulissat Icefjord | Disko Bay
Explore the fascinating UNESCO World Heritages, Ilulissat Icefjord and Sermermiut valley, with this 3-hour afternoon snowshoe-hike! This tour is perfect for you, who are looking to explore the best of what Ilulissat has to offer in one afternoon.
Sermermiut valley stretches from the outskirts of Ilulissat town to the incredible Icefjord and is known for its impressive views of the massive icebergs and fascinating history of Inuit settlements.
Make your way through town to Ilulissat guesthouse. Upon arrival, you will be introduced to your guide and get equipped with a pair of snowshoes. The first part of your afternoon snowshoe-hike takes you through Ilulissat town. After this short stretch, you will set out on the white slopes of Sermermiut.
The route of the day is dependent on the snow and weather conditions, but you will be hiking to an amazing viewpoint, from where you will be able to overlook the gigantic icebergs of Ilulissat Icefjord. As you conquer the Arctic tundra, you will feel the cold bite your cheeks and your breath adjust to the cold temperature.
At the viewpoint, your guide will serve you tea and coffee and tell you the history of the valley, which has been inhabited by different Inuit cultures. If the snow conditions allow, you will be able to see the ruins of the former settlements!
It is a fairly easy hike and can be done by all who are physically active on a regular basis.
If you are looking for things to do in Ilulissat, we suggest that you join this exhilarating afternoon snowshoe hike, showing the highlights of the UNESCO World heritage in Ilulissat. Select your preferred date and click Book Now to reserve your place.
- Local guide
- Fully guided snowshoe-hike
- Snowshoes and poles
- Warm beverages
What to bring
- Warm winter wear. Ideally, you should dress in layers: at least one thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), and insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket). The outer layer must be proper winter gear which typically has lots of insulation and is windproof. Think ski jacket and pants if you come from a warmer climate.
- Warm hat, thick windproof gloves, buff or scarf
- Insulated winter boots
- Sunglasses and sunscreen - snow is very bright and even the winter sun can cause sunburn
- Camera with extra batteries (the cold drains the batteries faster)
- Day pack
- Water bottle
2 Day Hiking and Kayaking Adventure | Ilulissat | Disko BayFrom 4 950 DKK
2 Hours of Dogsledding | IlulissatFrom 1 495 DKK
Vacation PackageIncluding flights from Iceland
3 days Ilulissat Adventure | Ilulissat | Disko BayFrom 21 500 DKK
Vacation PackageBook now
5 Day Ilulissat Explorer | Disko BayFrom 25 600 DKK