Tasermiut Expedition by Helicopter | Qaqortoq | South Greenland
The nature in Tasermiut fiord is breathtaking. Join us on this expedition, to spend a day in a remote corner of Greenland. The tour includes activities such as fishing for arctic char and kayaking in a beautiful lake.
Tasermiut Fiord is renowned for its beauty, but not easy to access. By helicopter, you will experience the best sights, from both land and from above. The scenery is simply majestic. You will see how glaciers receded over millennia, fly past waterfalls, and over green forests – a rare sight in Greenland which can be found only close to the southern tip of the country. Vertical granite and basaltic walls tower above, which attract the world’s best climbers every year.
Let’s enjoy the beautiful nature out here – we will fish for Arctic char, go kayaking in a lake, and enjoy lunch at a cabin. Listen to the birds that break the silence, breathe in the fresh air, and sit back to watch the clouds float by.
On the way back you can add a stop at Uunartoq Hot Springs to bathe with icebergs floating by. You can add this little side excursion when you book the tour.To experience one of Greenland's most beautiful fjords, select your date of travel and click Book Now.
Hot Spring Bathing
Kayaking & SUP
- Airport fees
- Equipment for fishing and kayaking
- Pick up & drop off
- Weight fee
What to bring
- Layered clothing. Ideally, you should pack a thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), an insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket), and outer layer of windproof clothing (top and bottom). You may not need all of this on any particular day, but you should have it available. You should always bring a windproof jacket, regardless of the weather.
- Warm hat, gloves, buff or scarf, gloves
- Sturdy shoes (e.g. hiking boots)
- Sunglasses, sunscreen & sun hat (depending on weather) Day Pack
- Camera with extra batteries
- Day pack
- Water bottle
- Bathing suit and towel - if you book the extra excursion to the hot spring
- For your safety and comfort, we require you to buy and occupy what’s equal to 1,5 seats if you weigh 115 kg (254 lbs) or more. You will be charged an additional 4850 DKK, after booking.
- The departure time for this tour is flexible. However, if your booking does not meet the minimum number of passengers required for the tour to run, we may need to move your chosen departure time to match you up with the next possible tour. In this case, we will contact you by email to verify the change of time.
- This tour has a minimum requirement of 4 passengers.
- Please meet at the departure point 10 minutes before departure time.
Our customers are the foundation of Guide to Greenland so we make great efforts to provide you with the best possible service.
We are located in Greenland and cooperate with everyone involved in the Greenlandic tourism industry. We are therefore perfectly placed to quickly react to changes or new wishes you may have to ensure you have the trip of a lifetime.
The earlier you book your trip, the better the prices will be, and the more likely you will be able to book the tour you want for the dates/times you want.
Package tours can be sold out more than half a year in advance (note that Guide to Greenland does not include international flights in packages, except where indicated from Iceland or Denmark). Day trips may sell out closer to your arrival date, but for popular destinations, certain dates/times can also sell out months in advance. We recommend that you secure all of your experiences by booking them well in advance of your trip.
All cancellations must be made via e-mail.
Although Guide to Greenland is committed to ensuring the best protection and service for our customers in the event of a cancellation, we are obliged to charge cancellation fees. This is in accordance with Greenland travel industry business practices. Details can be found in our general cancellation policy
Note: Due to COVID-19, a temporary cancellation policy applies. You can find it in the footer of the website under the “Terms & Conditions”.
Glacier Landing by Helicopter | Qaqortoq | South GreenlandFrom 4 700 DKK
World Heritage Hvalsey by Helicopter | Qaqortoq | South GreenlandFrom 3 240 DKK
UNESCO 5 days package | South GreenlandFrom 7 100 DKK
Hot Spring & Glacier by Helicopter | Qaqortoq | South GreenlandFrom 5 700 DKK