Expedition South Greenland by Helicopter | Qaqortoq | South Greenland
Venture out with us on a unique trip to see all the highlights of South Greenland – Sermilik Ice Fiord which is always full of icebergs, numerous glaciers, ruins from the Viking era at the UNESCO World Heritage sites Qassiarsuk and Igaliku, green sheep farms, tiny settlements nestled below steep peaks, hydro power plants that supply our communities, the amazing scenery of Tasermiut Fiord, Nanortalik the southernmost town of Greenland, icebergs, islands, waterfalls, walls and peaks, and the Uunartoq Hot Springs. Yes, that was a long list, and that is what South Greenland is about!
We will make landings at various places, to explore from land too - at Jacky’s Point right beside a wide glacier front that frequently calves icebergs, a mountain top to enjoy the panorama, the incredibly beautiful and remote Tasermiut Fiord, and a relaxing dip in the hot spring Uunartoq with icebergs floating by. Lunch is included, which we will enjoy at a place of your preference with beautiful surroundings.
Experience the contrasts of lush green valleys and mighty glaciers. Marvel at the bird’s eye view from the sky.
Come along and take a round trip of South Greenland, by selecting your preferred date and click Book Now to reserve your seat.
Hot Spring Bathing
- 5-6 hours tour
- 3-4 landings
- Airport fees
It requires a minimum of 4 people to do the tour.
- Pick up & drop off
- Weight fee
What to bring
- Layered clothing. Ideally, you should pack a thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket), and outer layer of windproof clothing (top and bottom). You may not need all of this on any particular day, but you should have it available. You should always bring a windproof jacket, regardless of the weather.
- Warm hat, gloves, buff or scarf, gloves
- Sturdy shoes (e.g. hiking boots)
- Sunglasses, sunscreen & sun hat (depending on weather)
- Camera with extra batteries
- Day pack
- Water bottle
- Bathing suit and towel
- The departure time for this tour is flexible. However, if your booking does not meet the minimum number of passengers required for the tour to run, we may need to move your chosen departure time to match you up with the next possible tour. In this case, we will contact you by email to verify the change of time.
- The minimum requirement for this tour is 4 passengers.
- Please arrive at the departure point 10 minutes before departure time.
For your safety and comfort, we require you to buy and occupy what’s equal to 1,5 seats if you weigh 115 kg (254 lbs) or more. 5500 DKK will be charged after booking.
Our customers are the foundation of Guide to Greenland so we make great efforts to provide you with the best possible service.
We are located in Greenland and cooperate with everyone involved in the Greenlandic tourism industry. We are therefore perfectly placed to quickly react to changes or new wishes you may have to ensure you have the trip of a lifetime.
The earlier you book your trip, the better the prices will be, and the more likely you will be able to book the tour you want for the dates/times you want.
Package tours can be sold out more than half a year in advance (note that Guide to Greenland does not include international flights in packages, except where indicated from Iceland or Denmark). Day trips may sell out closer to your arrival date, but for popular destinations, certain dates/times can also sell out months in advance. We recommend that you secure all of your experiences by booking them well in advance of your trip.
All cancellations must be made via e-mail.
Although Guide to Greenland is committed to ensuring the best protection and service for our customers in the event of a cancellation, we are obliged to charge cancellation fees. This is in accordance with Greenland travel industry business practices. Details can be found in our general cancellation policy
Note: Due to COVID-19, a temporary cancellation policy applies. You can find it in the footer of the website under the “Terms & Conditions”.
Glacier Landing by Helicopter | Qaqortoq | South GreenlandFrom 4 700 DKK
World Heritage Hvalsey by Helicopter | Qaqortoq | South GreenlandFrom 3 240 DKK
Hot Spring & Glacier by Helicopter | Qaqortoq | South GreenlandFrom 5 700 DKK
Icebergs and Summit View by Helicopter | Qaqortoq | South GreenlandFrom 2 300 DKK
There are no reviews yet.