Dog Sledding the Arctic Circle Trail to “the Viewpoint” | Sisimiut
Go on the ultimate Arctic experience by dogsled, following part of the Arctic Circle Trail to a wonderful viewpoint over a fjord, where you can breathe the fresh mountain air.
This full-day experience will start off on the dogsled trail and then loop onto the Arctic Circle trail, which is Greenland's most popular trek in the summer period. It will take you deep into the famous backcountry of Sisimiut, and will surely satisfy the hearty souls looking for a true adventure.
Your local guide is an expert musher and can tell you all about the way of dogsledding and our cultural traditions. The dogs love to run and will be happy to take you all the way, we usually run with 12 dogs, and the musher will be able to tell you all about their personalities and role in the pack. The sled is a big comfy wooden sled, made to withstand all kinds of terrain, and with reindeer fur covering it, your seating should be nice and warm.
Our goal is to reach “the Viewpoint”, a wonderful area, where a big part of the world’s toughest cross country ski race takes place. The hill we’re looking down upon is known by the skiiers as “murder hill” due to its steepness, making it particularly scary to ski down and very tough to ascend.
Don’t miss your chance to try this thrilling full-day dogsled adventure with a local guide. Select your preferred date and click Book Now to reserve your place.
- Local english speaking musher
- Coffee & Tea
- Sandwich (Please let us know if you're a Vegetarian or Vegan)
What to bring
- Warm winter wear. Ideally, you should dress in layers: at least one thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), and insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket). The outer layer must be proper winter gear which typically has lots of insulation and is windproof. Think ski jacket and pants if you come from a warmer climate.
- Warm hat, thick windproof gloves, buff or scarf
- Insulated winter boots
- Sunglasses and sunscreen - snow is very bright and even the winter sun can cause sunburn
- Camera with extra batteries (the cold drains the batteries faster)
- Day pack
- Water bottle
- If you're more than 3 people, please send us a message.
- See the pictures for where exactly we're going.
- Sled dogs aren't pets, ask the owner before you touch any of the dogs.
- You should be in a decent physical condition, depending on the snow conditions it can be a bumpy ride (not good for people with a bad back).
- Please let us know if you would like to rent some outerwear.
3 250 DKK
5-Days Above The Arctic Circle | Sisimiut | West GreenlandFrom 9 461 DKK
Assaqutaq Trail Transfer | SisimiutFrom 650 DKK
Best of winter in Greenland | 5 Days in Sisimiut, West GreenlandFrom 6 211 DKK
Day TourGroup Pricing
Cod Fishing & Snow Crabs | SisimiutFrom 3 500 DKK