Best of Nuuk in 3 days | West Greenland
Visit the world's smallest capital, Nuuk by joining this 3-day trip to Greenland! Nuuk is home to some of Greenland's most delicious gourmet restaurants, interesting museums, cultural experiences, fashion boutiques and nature explorations, as it is located inside the worlds second-largest fjord systems.
On this package tour, you will join a guided city tour by car or bus, after which you can explore the diverse city centre on your own. On the second day, you will go on a boat tour to Nuuk Icefjord, a large fjord branch covered with icebergs and the home of the Narsap Sermia Glacier.
We also offer an optional boat tour to go fishing for the tasty Redfish, and having it cooked by chefs just moments later, and depending on your departure time on the last day you could go on a small guided hike, play golf in the arctic or just do some last-minute shopping.
You can choose to either stay right in the middle of the city centre at the 4-star Hotel Hans Egede, named after the founder of the city, or the cosy Inuk hostel with amazing views over the fjord, located a 5-minute drive from the city centre.
Click on the Itinerary tab to read more information about each day of the tour, and then reserve your place on this exploration of Nuuk by clicking on Book Now.
After you've settled in at your hotel you'll be going on a guided city tour on either a bus or car, which will explore the most interesting sights of Nuuk in about an hour and a half, after which, you can go explore on your own, maybe checking out the gastronomic opportunities or just the old part of town to see the cathedral and the statue of the mother of the sea.
It is also possible to book an additional tour in the booking process, to the four-star restaurant in Nuuk Fjord, Qooqqut Nuan. En route, you will be trying your luck with longline fishing to catch fish, we can hand over to the chefs at the restaurant . It literally doesn't get fresher than this, or tastier. They are excellent cooks with several things to try while you're there. This tour will take about 3 hours in total.
Your second day in Greenland starts at 08.00 AM. You will be visiting Nuuk Icefjord by boat. The icefjord is a fjord-branch covered with icebergs, originating from the Narsap Sermia Glacier. We'll try and get as close to one of the glaciers as possible to enjoy lunch with a view of it, but this depends on the ice conditions. In the fjord, you can enjoy the spectacular view of icebergs and silence only disturbed by the occasional cracks of the ice. After having enjoyed lunch, we will stop by the abandoned fishing village Qoornoq before heading back to Nuuk. En route to Nuuk, we will be passing the meltwater waterfall tumbling down the side of the iconic Mount Sermitsiaq . The tour ends around 3 p.m.
You can add an additional tour to your exploration of Nuuk: Visit a local home to experience the traditional festivity, Kaffemik. Kaffemik has existed since coffee was imported to Greenland, it quickly became the signature of any celebration to gather your friends and family. You will be drinking coffee, eating delicious local specialities and cakes.
It's time to say Goodbye, or Takuss as we like to say in Greenlandic, which means 'see you again soon', we hope you've had the time of your life and we truly hope to see you again.
Depending on your flight you might have the time to go on a small hike or even play a game of golf! They are available as additional tours in the booking process. If not, you can at least do some last minute shopping.
- 2 nights accommodation incl. breakfast (in Hostel)
- Icefjord cruise by boat
- City sightseeing in bus or car
- Guide service
- 24/7 emergency service
- Flights to and from Nuuk - send us an inquiry if you'd like it arranged for you
- Optional tours as Qooqqut fishing and dining in the fjord, Hiking tour, Golf package.
What to bring
- Layered clothing. Ideally, you should pack a thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket), and outer layer of windproof clothing (top and bottom). You may not need all of this on any particular day, but you should have it available. You should always bring a windproof jacket, regardless of the weather.
- Warm hat, gloves, buff or scarf, gloves
- Sturdy shoes (e.g. hiking boots)
- Sunglasses, sunscreen & sun hat (depending on weather)
- Camera with extra batteries
- Day pack
- Water bottle
- The base price is for staying at the Inuk Hostel, you can choose to upgrade to Hotel Hans Egede in the booking process.
- The hostel has twin rooms with shared facilities and has its own café, where you can have your breakfast with a stunning view.
- The two accommodations: Hotel Hans Egede, 4 stars: located right in the centre of town, the fifth-floor Skyline bar offers views all around Nuuk and live music almost every night. A flat-screen satellite TV, tea/coffee facilities and a private bathroom are found in all Hotel Hans Egede rooms. On-site dining options include a café in the reception, a lunch restaurant, along with 2 dinner restaurants.
- Inuk Hostel: This hostel is situated with an amazing view of the iconic mountain of Nuuk, a little outside of the city centre. The hostel consist of small cottages. Your cottage and room can be shared with other guests.
- For the departure time, pick the time you'll be arriving in Nuuk and we will pick you up.
5 350 DKK