Boat tour to Nuuk Icefjord | Nuuk
Journey to the far end of the world’s second-largest fjord system and experience the thousands of icebergs in the Narsap Sermia Icefjord (Nuuk Icefjord).
We will travel 2.5 hours up the spectacular Nuuk Fjord in a comfortable closed and heated boat. The steep mountains that line the waterways provide no end of photographic opportunities, so make sure you bring plenty of warm clothes so that you can spend time out on deck (the best views are to be had from there) while we sail.
Once we reach the Icefjord, we will make our way as far as possible through the icebergs and, if we are lucky, we may even get to see one of the two glaciers that produce all of the ice. There will be plenty of time to take pictures and enjoy a packed lunch with Greenlandic specialties while overlooking this stunning, silent landscape of water and icebergs before we begin our return journey.
On the way back to Nuuk, we will have a short stop at the settlement of Qoornoq. The last permanent residents left this village in the early 1970s, but descendents of the families that used to live there have now revived the settlement as a Summer getaway. It is definitely no longer abandoned during the Summer!
Reserve your place now to explore one of the biggest fjord systems in the world by selecting your date of travel and clicking on Book Now.
- Danish & English Speaking Guide
- Closed boat with heated cabin and restroom onboard
- Safety equipment
- Tea & Coffee
- Lunch: a sandwich with Greenlandic ingredients
What to bring
- Layered clothing. Ideally, you should pack a thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket), and outer layer of windproof clothing (top and bottom). You may not need all of this on any particular day, but you should have it available. You should always bring a windproof jacket, regardless of the weather.
- Warm hat, gloves, buff or scarf
- Sturdy shoes (e.g. hiking boots)
- Sunglasses, sunscreen & sun hat (depending on weather)
- Camera with extra batteries
- Day pack
- Water bottle
- Optional: Binoculars for spotting whales
- This tour requires a minimum of 5 people for the tour. If we do not have enough people, the tour will be cancelled and you will be fully refunded.
- Children younger than two years can attend the tour for free.
- Make sure you bring warm clothes if you want to spend time out on the deck of the boat. It is always colder on the water, and the wind produced by the boat as we sail can be particularly chilly.
Our customers are the foundation of Guide to Greenland so we make great efforts to provide you with the best possible service.
We are located in Greenland and cooperate with everyone involved in the Greenlandic tourism industry. We are therefore perfectly placed to quickly react to changes or new wishes you may have to ensure you have the trip of a lifetime.
The earlier you book your trip, the better the prices will be, and the more likely you will be able to book the tour you want for the dates/times you want.
Package tours can be sold out more than half a year in advance (note that Guide to Greenland does not include international flights in packages, except where indicated from Iceland or Denmark). Day trips may sell out closer to your arrival date, but for popular destinations, certain dates/times can also sell out months in advance. We recommend that you secure all of your experiences by booking them well in advance of your trip.
All cancellations must be made via e-mail.
Although Guide to Greenland is committed to ensuring the best protection and service for our customers in the event of a cancellation, we are obliged to charge cancellation fees. This is in accordance with Greenland travel industry business practices. Details can be found in our general cancellation policy
Note: Due to COVID-19, a temporary cancellation policy applies. You can find it in the footer of the website under the “Terms & Conditions”.
2 reviews for Boat tour to Nuuk Icefjord | Nuuk
8 000 DKK
Gabriela Zendejas Maldonado –
We had many good things to enjoy! It was not only the fiord, the glacier, the icebergs and Qoornoq village, but the captain, the weather, the lunch, the privilege of being in Greenland!
Albert Marquez –
Fantastic trip booked with Guide to Greenland!! Great staff, very courteous and friendly and great attention to details. One of my tours was cancelled due to not having enough people participating and Guide to Greenland quickly made other arrangements with another operator. The boat trip to the Nuuk Ice-fjord exceeded expectations!
We also did a northern lights tour with Guide to Greenland where the owner Mads, guided the outing for the night. He knew all the best places to go outside the city for the BEST northern lights photography. I wish I could post some photos from that night. I highly recommend doing the northern lights tour with them if you are lucky to travel during the viewing months.
I can highly recommend booking through Guide to Greenland. You will not regret it. I know I will be booking with them again for next year!