Boat tour to Nuuk Icefjord | Nuuk
Journey to the far end of the world’s second-largest fjord system and experience the thousands of icebergs in the Narsap Sermia Icefjord (Nuuk Icefjord).
We will travel 2.5 hours up the spectacular Nuuk Fjord in a comfortable closed and heated boat. The steep mountains that line the waterways provide no end of photographic opportunities, so make sure you bring plenty of warm clothes so that you can spend time out on deck (the best views are to be had from there) while we sail.
Once we reach the Icefjord, we will make our way as far as possible through the icebergs and, if we are lucky, we may even get to see one of the two glaciers that produce all of the ice. There will be plenty of time to take pictures and enjoy a packed lunch with Greenlandic specialties while overlooking this stunning, silent landscape of water and icebergs before we begin our return journey.
On the way back to Nuuk, we will have a short stop at the settlement of Qoornoq. The last permanent residents left this village in the early 1970s, but descendents of the families that used to live there have now revived the settlement as a Summer getaway. It is definitely no longer abandoned during the Summer!
Reserve your place now to explore one of the biggest fjord systems in the world by selecting your date of travel and clicking on Book Now.
- Danish & English Speaking Guide
- Closed boat with heated cabin and restroom onboard
- Safety equipment
- Tea & Coffee
- Lunch: a sandwich with Greenlandic ingredients
What to bring
- Layered clothing. Ideally, you should pack a thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket), and outer layer of windproof clothing (top and bottom). You may not need all of this on any particular day, but you should have it available. You should always bring a windproof jacket, regardless of the weather.
- Warm hat, gloves, buff or scarf
- Sturdy shoes (e.g. hiking boots)
- Sunglasses, sunscreen & sun hat (depending on weather)
- Camera with extra batteries
- Day pack
- Water bottle
- Optional: Binoculars for spotting whales
- This tour requires a minimum of 5 people for the tour. If we do not have enough people, the tour will be cancelled and you will be fully refunded.
- Children younger than two years can attend the tour for free.
- Make sure you bring warm clothes if you want to spend time out on the deck of the boat. It is always colder on the water, and the wind produced by the boat as we sail can be particularly chilly.
3 800 DKK