Dogsledding - 4 hours | Uummannaq | North Greenland
Take a magical journey along the sea ice with one of the local Uummannaq hunters.
The dogs are eager to run, and as soon as you sit down on the warm reindeer fur, they take off with immense speed. Before long they'll be in a comfortable pace, pulling the sledge into the Arctic wilderness. The cold breeze is refreshing, the only sounds are the dogs' paws and the sledge moving through the snow. This ancient way of travelling will leave you in awe of its efficiency, through this harsh and magnificent environment.
The scenery is out of this world, the air is so dry that the visibility only ends with the curvature of the earth or a mountain blocks the way, leaving your mind boggled with sizes and distances to anything along the seemingly endless stretches of sea ice.
Enjoy a sip of hot coffee as you stop nearby the hunters’ favourite fishing and hunting spots before you head home from one of the most memorable trips you’ll ever have.To experience Greenland and its vast Arctic wilderness by the dogsled is one of the most treasurable memories you can bring with you home from your Greenland adventure. Select your date of departure and reserve your place by clicking on Book Now.
- Tea and Coffee
- Local Musher
What to bring
- Warm winter wear. Ideally, you should dress in layers: at least one thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), and insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket). The outer layer must be proper winter gear which typically has lots of insulation and is windproof. Think ski jacket and pants if you come from a warmer climate.
- Warm hat, thick windproof gloves, buff or scarf
- Insulated winter boots
- Sunglasses and sunscreen - snow is very bright and even the winter sun can cause sunburn
- Camera with extra batteries (the cold drains the batteries faster)
- Day pack
- Water bottle
- It is possible to borrow some winter clothing, but we cannot guarantee it. We will try our best to confirm it as soon as possible if necessary.
2 100 DKK
Multi-day TourWith professional photographer
Arctic Nights Photography Workshop | Uummannaq | North GreenlandFrom 52 900 DKK
City walk | Uummannaq | North GreenlandFrom 300 DKK
Dogsled expedition to settlements | Uummannaq | North GreenlandFrom
Dogsledding – 2 hours | Uummannaq | North GreenlandFrom 1 500 DKK