Dogsledding and Kayaking expedition w/ 1 night in Cabin | Sisimiut
Go on an expedition like tour in the footsteps of the Inuit hunters, bringing your kayak on a dogsled to the hunting grounds at the edge of the ice, this tour is for the truly adventurous!
Sisimiut is renowned for its awe-inspiring landscapes and adventurous people, and this tour is unlike any other in Greenland.
We’ll start off by dog sledding 3 hours to a cabin, where we can go inside and warm up a bit for lunch before heading further onto the sea ice until we reach a point where we can put the kayaks in the water.
The water is freezing but our drysuits will keep us nice and cozy, and the landscape is surreal.
We’ll spend about 2 hours in the kayaks, it doesn’t matter if you’re a beginner or not, the guide will make sure you get a proper introduction on how to use the kayak. Gliding along the silent Arctic Ocean is an unforgettable experience, and without another soul nearby we might get lucky and spot some wildlife such as seals or reindeer.
After the kayaking, we’ll head back into the cabin to get changed and warm again, then head out close by to make a hole in the sea ice and try to catch some fish for dinner. Nothing better than fresh fish after a long and exciting day.
We’ll spend the night in the cabin, there is a heater so we’ll be toasty all night. After breakfast, it’s time to head back to Sisimiut with lots of new memories to share.
Take on this truly authentic Arctic Adventure by selecting your preferred date and clicking on Book Now.
Kayaking & SUP
- Dogsledding to cabin
- All meals
- Kayaking guide
- Ice fishing
- Night in a heated cabin
- Dogsledding back to Sisimiut
- Equipment needed to paddle in the winter
- Sleeping bag
What to bring
- Warm winter wear. Ideally, you should dress in layers: at least one thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), and insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket). The outer layer must be proper winter gear which typically has lots of insulation and is windproof. Think ski jacket and pants if you come from a warmer climate.
- Warm hat, thick windproof gloves, buff or scarf
- Insulated winter boots
- Sunglasses and sunscreen - snow is very bright and even the winter sun can cause sunburn
- Camera with extra batteries (the cold drains the batteries faster)
- Day pack
- Water bottle
- We'll be spending most of the day outside in the cold, so make sure you dress appropriately and are prepared for some level of discomfort.
- Although dogsledding is fairly relaxing, you still need to be reasonably fit.
- Dogsledding is not suitable for people with a bad back as it can get very bumpy at times.
Terms of service
Our customers are the foundation of Guide to Greenland so we make great efforts to provide you with the best possible service.
We are located in Greenland and cooperate with everyone involved in the Greenlandic tourism industry. We are therefore perfectly placed to quickly react to changes or new wishes you may have to ensure you have the trip of a lifetime.
The earlier you book your trip, the better the prices will be, and the more likely you will be able to book the tour you want for the dates/times you want.
Package tours can be sold out more than half a year in advance (note that Guide to Greenland does not include international flights in packages, except where indicated from Iceland or Denmark). Day trips may sell out closer to your arrival date, but for popular destinations, certain dates/times can also sell out months in advance. We recommend that you secure all of your experiences by booking them well in advance of your trip.
All cancellations must be made via e-mail.
Although Guide to Greenland is committed to ensuring the best protection and service for our customers in the event of a cancellation, we are obliged to charge cancellation fees. This is in accordance with Greenland travel industry business practices. Details can be found in our general cancellation policy
Note: Due to COVID-19, a temporary cancellation policy applies. You can find it in the footer of the website under the "Terms & Conditions".
11 745 DKK
5-Days Above The Arctic Circle | Sisimiut | West GreenlandFrom 9 461 DKK
Assaqutaq Trail Transfer | SisimiutFrom 650 DKK
Best of winter in Greenland | 5 Days in Sisimiut, West GreenlandFrom 6 211 DKK
Day TourGroup Pricing
Cod Fishing & Snow Crabs | SisimiutFrom 3 500 DKK