Heli Fishing Arctic Char | Private charter | Nuuk
Bring your fishing experience to the next level! By joining this heli-fishing tour, you can reach one of the most remote and almost inaccessible rivers of Akia and fish for Arctic char in almost no time.
Akia, also know as the Nordland is a large area located across the fjord from Nuuk. The landscapes of Akia are relatively flat and rich in wildlife, from ptarmigans to breeding Arctic Charr.
Your tour starts at Nuuk airport where you will be met by our local and experienced helicopter pilot. After safety breathing, you will be seated in the AS-350 helicopter and spend an estimated total of 30 to 35 minutes in the air. From Nuuk, the tour continues across the fjord, and along the coast of Akia.
The captain will land the helicopter on a small plateau near of one the area’s largest trout-carrying rivers. Here you will spend the 2 hours fishing for Arctic char while exposing yourself to the beauty of the Greenlandic wilderness. The Arctic char is known as a good fighter and a challenging catch to reel in.
Combining fishing and flying allows you and your co-travelers to travel far distances to remote places in no time – and that is the exact advantage of booking this tour.
Gather your fishing enthusiast friends and fish in style together! Reel in your excitement and reserve your helicopter adventure by clicking on Book Now.
- Private tour (flight time 30-35 minutes)
- 2-hour ground stop next to the river
What to bring
- Layered clothing. Ideally, you should pack a thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket), and outer layer of windproof clothing (top and bottom). You may not need all of this on any particular day, but you should have it available. You should always bring a windproof jacket, regardless of the weather.
- Coffée, champagne or whatever you fancy
- Fishing license
- Fishing equipment
- Warm hat, gloves, buff or scarf, gloves
- Sturdy shoes (e.g. hiking boots)
- Sunglasses, sunscreen & sun hat (depending on weather)
- Head net and insect repellent (in case of mosquitoes)
- Camera with extra batteries
- Day pack
- Water bottle
- This is a private Heli fishing tour for a maximum of 5 passengers.
- The tour is not confirmed upon booking. The helicopters are used for life-threatening situations, search and rescues, and evacuations, and therefore your tour can be moved or cancelled.
- Please note that "COVID-19 discount" can be applied just for Greenland residents.
Our customers are the foundation of Guide to Greenland so we make great efforts to provide you with the best possible service.
We are located in Greenland and cooperate with everyone involved in the Greenlandic tourism industry. We are therefore perfectly placed to quickly react to changes or new wishes you may have to ensure you have the trip of a lifetime.
The earlier you book your trip, the better the prices will be, and the more likely you will be able to book the tour you want for the dates/times you want.
Package tours can be sold out more than half a year in advance (note that Guide to Greenland does not include international flights in packages, except where indicated from Iceland or Denmark). Day trips may sell out closer to your arrival date, but for popular destinations, certain dates/times can also sell out months in advance. We recommend that you secure all of your experiences by booking them well in advance of your trip.
All cancellations must be made via e-mail.
Although Guide to Greenland is committed to ensuring the best protection and service for our customers in the event of a cancellation, we are obliged to charge cancellation fees. This is in accordance with Greenland travel industry business practices. Details can be found in our general cancellation policy
Note: Due to COVID-19, a temporary cancellation policy applies. You can find it in the footer of the website under the “Terms & Conditions”.