Heli Fishing Arctic Char | Private charter | Nuuk
Bring your fishing experience to the next level! By joining this heli-fishing tour, you can reach one of the most remote and almost inaccessible rivers of Akia and fish for Arctic char in almost no time.
Akia, also know as the Nordland is a large area located across the fjord from Nuuk. The landscapes of Akia are relatively flat and rich in wildlife, from ptarmigans to breeding Arctic Charr.
Your tour starts at Nuuk airport where you will be met by our local and experienced helicopter pilot. After safety breathing, you will be seated in the AS-350 helicopter and spend an estimated total of 30 to 35 minutes in the air. From Nuuk, the tour continues across the fjord, and along the coast of Akia.
The captain will land the helicopter on a small plateau near of one the area’s largest trout-carrying rivers. Here you will spend the 2 hours fishing for Arctic char while exposing yourself to the beauty of the Greenlandic wilderness. The Arctic char is known as a good fighter and a challenging catch to reel in.
Combining fishing and flying allows you and your co-travelers to travel far distances to remote places in no time – and that is the exact advantage of booking this tour.
Gather your fishing enthusiast friends and fish in style together! Reel in your excitement and reserve your helicopter adventure by clicking on Book Now.
- Private tour (flight time 30-35 minutes)
- 2-hour ground stop next to the river
What to bring
- Layered clothing. Ideally, you should pack a thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket), and outer layer of windproof clothing (top and bottom). You may not need all of this on any particular day, but you should have it available. You should always bring a windproof jacket, regardless of the weather.
- Coffée, champagne or whatever you fancy
- Fishing license
- Fishing equipment
- Warm hat, gloves, buff or scarf, gloves
- Sturdy shoes (e.g. hiking boots)
- Sunglasses, sunscreen & sun hat (depending on weather)
- Head net and insect repellent (in case of mosquitoes)
- Camera with extra batteries
- Day pack
- Water bottle
- This is a private Heli fishing tour for a maximum of 5 passengers.
- The tour is not confirmed upon booking. The helicopters are used for life-threatening situations, search and rescues, and evacuations, and therefore your tour can be moved or cancelled.
- Please note that "COVID-19 discount" can be applied just for Greenland residents.
20 500 DKK