Nuuk Icefjord Hike | West Greenland
Witness Greenland’s beauty at its most unique by joining this full-day tour to Nuuk Icefjord. This tour is perfect for you who are eager to discover the natural marvels of Greenland’s capital area.
This excursion starts by sailing you through one of the country’s most incredible natural marvels, Nuuk Fjord. While sailing through the fjord, you can take pleasure in the unspoiled scenery of mountains, waterfalls, and wildlife such as whales, seals, and eagles.
After 2,5 hours of sailing, you arrive in Kapisillit Kangerlua, a fjord branch of Nuuk Fjord, where your captain will anchor the boat. From here you will set out on a 45-minute hike on the Arctic tundra lands to reach the Icefjord. The hike is not of great difficulty, but due to the untrailed and rugged terrain, it is necessary that you are equipped with a pair of hiking boots.
Arriving on-site, you will be rewarded with stunning panoramic views of the Icefjord and its circumscribing mountain ranges. The icebergs originate from three different glacier branches of the Greenland Ice Sheet, which are not visible from where we will be standing. While gazing over the contrasting scenery of white icebergs and dark nuanced mountains, your guide will serve you a deliciously prepared sandwich.
After having explored one of the Greenlandic capital’s most sought-after attractions, you return to the boat and sail back to Nuuk. Throughout your tour experience, you will be accompanied by an experienced and knowledgeable Arctic guide, who is eager to share their knowledge with you.
To experience Nuuk Icefjord on this full-day excursion, choose your travel date and press Book Now above.
- Guided hike to the icefjord
- English & Danish speaking guide
- Sailing in closed heated boat
- Bathroom on board
- Coffee & Tea
What to bring
- Layered clothing. Ideally, you should pack a thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket), and outer layer of windproof clothing (top and bottom). You may not need all of this on any particular day, but you should have it available. You should always bring a windproof jacket, regardless of the weather.
- Hiking Boots
- Warm hat, gloves, buff or scarf, gloves
- Sunglasses, sunscreen & sun hat (depending on weather)
- Head net and insect repellent (in case of mosquitoes)
- Day pack
- Water bottle
- Lunch & snacks
- The hike takes place on uneven terrain, and you therefore must note have any difficulties with hiking.
- Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any allergies.
Terms of service
Our customers are the foundation of Guide to Greenland so we make great efforts to provide you with the best possible service.
We are located in Greenland and cooperate with everyone involved in the Greenlandic tourism industry. We are therefore perfectly placed to quickly react to changes or new wishes you may have to ensure you have the trip of a lifetime.
The earlier you book your trip, the better the prices will be, and the more likely you will be able to book the tour you want for the dates/times you want.
Package tours can be sold out more than half a year in advance (note that Guide to Greenland does not include international flights in packages, except where indicated from Iceland or Denmark). Day trips may sell out closer to your arrival date, but for popular destinations, certain dates/times can also sell out months in advance. We recommend that you secure all of your experiences by booking them well in advance of your trip.
All cancellations must be made via e-mail.
Although Guide to Greenland is committed to ensuring the best protection and service for our customers in the event of a cancellation, we are obliged to charge cancellation fees. This is in accordance with Greenland travel industry business practices. Details can be found in our general cancellation policy
Note: Due to COVID-19, a temporary cancellation policy applies. You can find it in the footer of the website under the "Terms & Conditions".
2 000 DKK