Oqaatsut Kayaking Day | Ilulissat | Disko Bay
Join this marvellous trip combining kayaking with a cultural visit to the charming hunting village Oqaatsut. If you always have wanted to experience Greenland along with visiting Ilulissat, then this is something for you. As you will sail the arctic ocean from Ilulissat to the little settlement of Oqaatsut among humongous icebergs with the beautiful nuances of blue and white.
When you have arrived in the village you will be joined by an experienced kayaking instructor who will take you through the basics and help you along the journey. As you will go through the safety instructions, you will get the best introduction of how to operate a kayak. Shortly after you will head onto the water. With your fellow explorers, you will get the thrilling experience of strolling across the water surface as you will get to sail among icebergs and get up close to the giants of the sea.
If you are lucky you might even get to sail in the company of humpback whales. Curious and gentle creatures that are often spotted in the Greenlandic seas. From whales to a traditional village where you will get to see local hunters go out or come back from a hunt, but usually in the summer, they catch huge numbers of fish. Use your free time to walk around the settlement and greet the friendly locals.
You will also get to enjoy lunch in a local home and get the full experience as you will get to see the beautiful decorations on the walls and the cosy feeling of a home. Tag along on this adventure just outside of Ilulissat and experience kayaking in the fjord of Oqaatsut. Reserve your adventure by pressing on ‘Book Now’ above.
Kayaking & SUP
- Boat transfer (Ilulissat-Oqaatsut-Ilulissat)
- Experienced kayaking guide
- Guided kayaking tour
- Lunch in a local home
- Double sea kayak & paddle
- Thermal suit
- Life jacket
- Boots & Gloves
- Pictures from your tour for download
What to bring
- Layered clothing. Ideally, you should pack a thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket), and outer layer of windproof clothing (top and bottom). You may not need all of this on any particular day, but you should have it available. You should always bring a windproof jacket, regardless of the weather.
- Warm hat, gloves, buff or scarf
- Sunglasses, sunscreen & sun hat (depending on weather)
- Camera (with waterproof case)
- Water bottle
If less than 4 people the tour will be cancelled and you will get the full payment refunded. Please inform in advance if you have diabetes, asthma or cardio problems.
2 995 DKK