Private Settlement tour to Saattut | Uummannaq | North Greenland
Hop aboard to visit the old settlement of Saattut situated just 23 km east of Uummannaq. This 2-hour tour offers a unique insight into daily life, north of the polar circle!
The settlement has about 235 inhabitants, with its own church, school, fish factory, shop and kindergarten. Here, time stands still - you can still experience the way of life as it was more than a hundred years ago. The settlement is only half an hour boat ride from Uummannaq. From arriving in Sattut, you have 45 minutes to an hour to explore the settlement with your guide. During the tour, the guide will serve coffee and tea, as you wander through the cosiest of places.
Please note that the price is for chartering the whole boat for this excursion.Reserve your boat charter to explore the small settlement of Saattut, by selecting your date of travel and clicking on Book Now.
- Local guide
- Tea & coffee
- Food & snacks
What to bring
- Layered clothing. Ideally, you should pack a thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket), and outer layer of windproof clothing (top and bottom). You may not need all of this on any particular day, but you should have it available. You should always bring a windproof jacket, regardless of the weather.
- Warm hat, gloves, buff or scarf, gloves
- Sturdy shoes (e.g. hiking boots)
- Sunglasses, sunscreen & sun hat (depending on weather)
- Day Pack
- Camera with extra batteries
- Water bottle
- Please note that the price is for chartering the whole boat for this excursion.
2 450 DKK
Multi-day TourWith professional photographer
Arctic Nights Photography Workshop | Uummannaq | North GreenlandFrom 52 900 DKK
City walk | Uummannaq | North GreenlandFrom 300 DKK
Dogsled expedition to settlements | Uummannaq | North GreenlandFrom
Dogsledding – 2 hours | Uummannaq | North GreenlandFrom 1 500 DKK