Quassussuaq Mountain Hike | Nuuk
Explore the fascinating and awe-inspiring Quassussuaq mountain ridge by foot. Quassussuaq is a local gem – adored by all locals of Nuuk. Quassussuaq is Greenlandic for the large mountain ridge, however, the hike is fairly easy.
Your tour starts by Ilivinnguaq 1, where you will be introduced to your guide and co-hikers. From here a 10-minute drive, out of town awaits you! The 4-hour hike starts by the foot of the mountain and takes you 433 meters above sea level. En route, your guide will tell you all about what plants or wildlife you might encounter.
The hike offers some amazing views over Nuuk as well as deep into the fjord, where you might even be able to spot whales in the distance. The 433 meters ascend to the top is a cherished hike among the locals, and you’ll often find others enjoying themselves there, or training for something like the arctic circle race. After you have conquered the 433 meters, enjoy the view with a well-deserved cup of coffee!
Nuuk has its fair share of eagles, and you might be lucky to find one soaring above your head as well as the occasional ptarmigan, hare or fox. Let the arctic winds slip through your hair and enjoy the orange rays of the arctic sun!Reserve your place by selecting your preferred date and clicking on Book Now.
Quassussuaq | Lille Malene
- Local Guide who will lead the tour
- Transfer to/from starting point to town
What to bring
- Layered clothing. Ideally, you should pack a thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket), and outer layer of windproof clothing (top and bottom). You may not need all of this on any particular day, but you should have it available. You should always bring a windproof jacket, regardless of the weather.
- Warm hat, gloves, buff or scarf Sturdy shoes (e.g. hiking boots)
- Sunglasses, sunscreen & sun hat (depending on weather)
- Head net and insect repellent (in case of mosquitoes)
- Day pack
- Water bottle
- Food & snacks
- It's doable for all ages but does require a level of fitness.
1 250 DKK