Snowmobile ride | Ilulissat | Disko Bay
The snowmobile has become a very frequent form of transport in Arctic countries, because it adapts to a wide variety of terrains and allows quick access to the remotest places.
The backcountry of Ilulissat offers great landscapes to be discovered. Our local guides and modern snowmobiles are a great way to explore snowy valleys and mountains, frozen lakes, fjords and the sea ice.
Our guide will choose the route depending on snow, ice and weather conditions. One choice will be visiting the authentic settlement of Oqaatsut 20 km north from Ilulissat where 37 Inuit live all year round.
The other choice is a route that has an unbeatable scenery. We will go up the mountains, see dogsleds doing their route to ice-fish in the Icefiord, and reach a series of viewpoints of Ilulissat, Disko Bay and the Ice Cap. In both routes we will stop to have some hot drinks and biscuits.
No previous experience is required. We provide all the equipment and our experienced guide will teach how to drive the snowmobile.
Please note that due to unpredictable weather and snow conditions during winter, the itinerary of this tour is subject to change. While it is our goal to deliver the best tour experience possible, the safety of our clients is always our first priority.
Ready to experience the Arctics most exhilarating winter transportation? Select your preferred date and click Book Now to reserve your place.
- Experience guide
- Safety breafing
- All equipment: Snowmobile, helmet, warm jacket, trousers, mittens, and boots
- Hot drinks and snacks
What to bring
- Thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), and insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket).
- Insulated winter boots
- Valid drivers license for car or motorcycle.
- Sunglasses and sunscreen - snow is very bright and even the winter sun can cause sunburn
- Camera with extra batteries (the cold drains the batteries faster)
- Day pack
- Water bottle
- PLEASE NOTE: Driving participants must hold a valid drivers license for car or motorcycle. No previous experience is required.
- You will be sharing the snowmobile with the driver, so there will be one guest and one driver per snowmobile.
- Please note that the itinerary of the tour could change because of weather, snow, ice condition.
- The duration of the tour includes the time it takes to get ready for the ride, safety briefing, transfer to starting point etc.
Terms of service
Our customers are the foundation of Guide to Greenland so we make great efforts to provide you with the best possible service.
We are located in Greenland and cooperate with everyone involved in the Greenlandic tourism industry. We are therefore perfectly placed to quickly react to changes or new wishes you may have to ensure you have the trip of a lifetime.
The earlier you book your trip, the better the prices will be, and the more likely you will be able to book the tour you want for the dates/times you want.
Package tours can be sold out more than half a year in advance (note that Guide to Greenland does not include international flights in packages, except where indicated from Iceland or Denmark). Day trips may sell out closer to your arrival date, but for popular destinations, certain dates/times can also sell out months in advance. We recommend that you secure all of your experiences by booking them well in advance of your trip.
All cancellations must be made via e-mail.
Although Guide to Greenland is committed to ensuring the best protection and service for our customers in the event of a cancellation, we are obliged to charge cancellation fees. This is in accordance with Greenland travel industry business practices. Details can be found in our general cancellation policy
Note: Due to COVID-19, a temporary cancellation policy applies. You can find it in the footer of the website under the "Terms & Conditions".
1 595 DKK
2 Day Hiking and Kayaking Adventure | Ilulissat | Disko BayFrom 4 950 DKK
Vacation PackageIncluding flights from Iceland
3 days Ilulissat Adventure | Ilulissat | Disko BayFrom 21 500 DKK
Vacation PackageBook now
5 Day Ilulissat Explorer | Disko BayFrom 25 600 DKK
A Taste Of Greenland | Settlement Adventure in Oqaatsut | IlulissatFrom 1 595 DKK