Snowmobile ride | Ilulissat | Disko Bay
The snowmobile has become a very frequent form of transport in Arctic countries, because it adapts to a wide variety of terrains and allows quick access to the remotest places.
The backcountry of Ilulissat offers great landscapes to be discovered. Our local guides and modern snowmobiles are a great way to explore snowy valleys and mountains, frozen lakes, fjords and the sea ice.
Our guide will choose the route depending on snow, ice and weather conditions. One choice will be visiting the authentic settlement of Oqaatsut 20 km north from Ilulissat where 37 Inuit live all year round.
The other choice is a route that has an unbeatable scenery. We will go up the mountains, see dogsleds doing their route to ice-fish in the Icefiord, and reach a series of viewpoints of Ilulissat, Disko Bay and the Ice Cap. In both routes we will stop to have some hot drinks and biscuits.
No previous experience is required. We provide all the equipment and our experienced guide will teach how to drive the snowmobile.
Please note that due to unpredictable weather and snow conditions during winter, the itinerary of this tour is subject to change. While it is our goal to deliver the best tour experience possible, the safety of our clients is always our first priority.
Ready to experience the Arctics most exhilarating winter transportation? Select your preferred date and click Book Now to reserve your place.
- Experience guide
- Safety breafing
- All equipment: Snowmobile, helmet, warm jacket, trousers, mittens, and boots
- Hot drinks and snacks
What to bring
- Thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), and insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket).
- Insulated winter boots
- Valid drivers license for car or motorcycle.
- Sunglasses and sunscreen - snow is very bright and even the winter sun can cause sunburn
- Camera with extra batteries (the cold drains the batteries faster)
- Day pack
- Water bottle
- PLEASE NOTE: Driving participants must hold a valid drivers license for car or motorcycle. No previous experience is required.
- You will be sharing the snowmobile with the driver, so there will be one guest and one driver per snowmobile.
- Please note that the itinerary of the tour could change because of weather, snow, ice condition.
- The duration of the tour includes the time it takes to get ready for the ride, safety briefing, transfer to starting point etc.
1 095 DKK
2 Day Hiking and Kayaking Adventure | Ilulissat | Disko BayFrom 4 950 DKK
2 Hours of Dogsledding | IlulissatFrom 1 495 DKK
Vacation PackageIncluding flights from Iceland
3 days Ilulissat Adventure | Ilulissat | Disko BayFrom 21 500 DKK
Vacation PackageBook now
5 Day Ilulissat Explorer | Disko BayFrom 25 600 DKK