Snowmobile tour to UNESCO viewpoint | Ilulissat
Go on an exciting snowmobile tour into the backcountry of Ilulissat, following the dogsled trail to a viewpoint overlooking the icefjord and UNESCO heritage site!
From the outskirts of Ilulissat, we will head out into the wilderness, passing by hunters and fishermen with their dogsleds to a viewpoint in the mountains that overlooks the incredible icefjord and the pristine world heritage site.
We’ll be riding for about 45 minutes over frozen lakes and snow-covered hills, giving quite the thrill up and down the hilly terrain until we can jump off the sleds and enjoy the view.
The guide knows the area like the back of his own hand and can tell all sorts of stories about his adventures and knowledge of the area.
If the weather is clear enough, you may be able to see all the way to the ice sheet itself, giving a glimpse into the vastness that feeds the world famous icefjord with small and giant icebergs.
As we are 250 kilometres north of the Arctic Circle, it is a good idea to dress as warm as possible, even on sunny days without a breeze, the temperatures can drop down to -20 degrees Celsius. So put on lots of layers, your favourite woolly socks, and let’s head out for a joyous ride into a winter wonderland.
If the weather is too rough for us to go on the day you’ve booked, we will do our best to reschedule your tour, if that isn’t possible, we will refund the full amount.
To go on this awesome tour, just click on ‘Book Now’ above and find a day that suits you!
- Local Guide
- 2 hours snowmobile tour
- Helmet for safety
What to bring
- Warm winter wear. Ideally, you should dress in layers: at least one thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), and insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket). The outer layer must be proper winter gear which typically has lots of insulation and is windproof. Think ski jacket and pants if you come from a warmer climate.
- Warm hat, thick windproof gloves, buff or scarf
- Insulated winter boots
- Sunglasses and sunscreen - snow is very bright and even the winter sun can cause sunburn
- Camera with extra batteries (the cold drains the batteries faster)
- Day Pack
- Water bottle
- The tour is subject to change due to weather conditions.
- There is no pick-up or drop-off, meet us at the departure point (see pictures)
1 095 DKK
2 Day Hiking and Kayaking Adventure | Ilulissat | Disko BayFrom 4 950 DKK
2 Hours of Dogsledding | IlulissatFrom 1 495 DKK
Vacation PackageIncluding flights from Iceland
3 days Ilulissat Adventure | Ilulissat | Disko BayFrom 21 500 DKK
Vacation PackageBook now
5 Day Ilulissat Explorer | Disko BayFrom 25 000 DKK