Sugarloaf Mountain Hike | Kangerlussuaq
Come along this hiking exploration of Kangerlussuaq. Exploring the arctic tundra by foot is an ultimate must when visiting Greenland, we have tailored a hike for you who enjoy spectacular views of the arctic landscapes and wildlife.
We will conquer the summit of Sugarloaf mountain to view what will be the greatest sight you will ever experience. We would like to show you and your fellow explorers the distinctive terrain of Kangerlussuaq on this 2 hour hike.
The adventure starts with you and your fellow explorers venturing out of the dirt roads of Kangerlussuaq, accompanied by an experienced guide, that will escort you safely from the bottom to the top. When conquering the dirt roads, you might notice the many warning signs of Musk ox roaming the area – but not to worry, the majestic creatures are interesting to watch from a distance. Furthermore we might come across arctic hares, foxes and herds of reindeer. The hike towards the summit of Sugarloaf mountain does not require any experienced hiking- or climbing skills. From the summit you will be able to see the veins of meltwater rivers, dirt paths and the spectacular arctic tundra, all for you to enjoy. The magnificent view, will awaken your curiosity for Greenland and its natural treasures hidden within the deep of its lands.
The area of Kangerlussuaq is a vast wonderland for every explorer to experience - for the flower enthusiasts, wildlife admirer and for those who just want to experience and explore the arctic landscapes. The tour can be combined with other destinations in the booking process.
This sensational adventure is waiting for you to put on your hiking boots and bring along your camera! Check out the booking availability by pressing ‘’Choose a date’’ above and book your adventure today.
- Hot beverages
What to bring
- Layered clothing. Ideally, you should pack a thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket), and outer layer of windproof clothing (top and bottom). You may not need all of this on any particular day, but you should have it available. You should always bring a windproof jacket, regardless of the weather.
- Warm hat, gloves, buff or scarf
- Sturdy shoes (e.g. hiking boots) for summer, insulated boots for winter
- Sunglasses, sun screen & sun hat (depending on weather)
- Head net and insect repellent (in case of mosquitoes - Summer)
- Camera with extra batteries
- Day pack
- Water bottle
- Optional: binoculars
Our tours are fully flexible and utilise a 4x4 four-wheel-drive with room for a maximum of 4 passengers.
The departure of this tour is guaranteed, even for one person.
Please select a time for pick-up, even if you're flexible all day
From June - August, it is critical that you bring a mosquito net as Kangerlussuaq is a paradise for mosquitos.
It is possible to combine this tour with other attractions in the booking process. A combination with both Russell Glacier and Icecap Point 660 will take approximately 6 hours.