Glacier Walk & Ice Cave Tour | East Greenland
Come along and experience a world of ice hidden from the bare eye. You will not only hike on a glacier, but have a chance to see the glacier from the inside - like being inside a huge turquise diamond, where the you can see the light play.
This tour starts from the harbour in Tasiilaq (or from Kulusuk on request). From the harbour you will sail out through the fjord with the beautiful landscape of towering mountains surrounding you. Getting to the destination will take around 40 minutes, where you can be lucky to experience life in the ocean, as humpback whales, fin whales, orcas and seals not are strangers in these areas.
When reaching the destination you will get on shore and geared up with all the safety equipment you will need for the tour. Do not worry if this is you are a first time ice hiker. Through the whole tour you will be accompanied by a professional guide, who will show you how to safely do the activity.
First you will walk on the glacier surface, seeing the structure of the ice and learn how the is moving. After a while you will reach a big ice cave, that will take you under the glacier.
Inside the cave, you can see the structures of the thousands of years old ice. You will have enough time inside the cave to admire how the light is beautifully reflected through the thick layer of blue and turquoise ice. The experience is ever-changing, as the ice is moving, melting and freezing constantly. After a while in the ice cave it is time to get back to town.
Reserve your adventure on ice by selecting your preferred date and clicking on Book Now.
- Certified guide
- Glacier equipment
- Water, coffee, tea
What to bring
- Layered clothing. Ideally, you should pack a thermal underwear layer (top and bottom), activity layer (e.g. hiking pants and shirt), insulation layer (e.g. fleece or down jacket), and outer layer of windproof clothing (top and bottom). You may not need all of this on any particular day, but you should have it available. You should always bring a windproof jacket, regardless of the weather.
- Warm hat, gloves, buff or scarf, gloves
- Sturdy shoes (e.g. hiking boots)
- Sunglasses, sunscreen & sun hat (depending on weather)
- Camera with extra batteries
- Day pack
- Water bottle
- The tour is generally suitable for everybody and no previous experiences are required. You should however be able to hike for a few hours.
- There is a minimum of 4 participants required for this tour. The maximum number of participants is 10. If there are less than 4 participants on the day, we will try to reschedule you or will have to cancel the tour and refund your money.
2 000 DKK